Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
    Coilover and UK roads don't really mix
    they dont mix to well with NY/NJ roads either. raised manholes, patches of road missing, huge potholes and grooves from constant truck traffic..

but im fully lowered and most of my friends are to.. we just drive carefully
    Pete
    Audi 90 Quattro (typ B4)
    AAN swap in progress

Comment

At least we're not the only G8 country with 3rd world roads
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I've got Redstuff on at the moment. I reckon they do the job ok for the money but they haven't lasted too well. Ordered some RS-19s next. I think the standard calipers/discs are strong enough to stop the car, it's just heat build up which is the problem. I think that with some decent ducting they are all i'll ever need.

V6 MAF is meant to be much bigger so better flowing. That's where the theoretical gain comes from, however realistically I don't think the gain is great because the ECU does need mapping to allow for the extra flow. The Hitachi ECU isn't very mapable though! 034 have given up tuning with the V6 MAF due to lack of any power gain.

Turbo is no doubt the easiest route to go but I'm taking the same attitude and keeping mine NA. Got a TSR head that needs rebuilding. Plan to fit that with higher compression and possibly a 3B ECU/loom.

Are you on audifans?

Comment

Stiglet, yeh Im on audifans, username is KieronH. I havent said much over there, other than trying to sell the car a while back.

I saw the pics of your discs after the ring treatment, pretty impressive, you seem a brave man. Haha.

I can see the benefits of the bigger MAF if the ecu was mapped to cope with it. Part trottle should be okay as this is when the ECU is listening to what the MAF is reporting, which would be more air than the original at a given tps/speed, but at WOT the ecu only fuels what it is set to do theoretically at full flow. Obviously with a bigger bore, there will be a greater mass of air going through, but the ECU isn't aware of this and will onlt put out the predetermined fuel required. So its gonna run lean at WOT, which sounds exciting for all the wrong reasons.

So, essay over, im going to fill up on beer and pizza.
          Kieron.
          1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

Stiglet,

What's that 034 short shift like to use and to fit?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by David in Dublin View Post
              What's that 034 short shift like to use and to fit?

Thanks.
              id go with the JHmotorsport one.. 034 sells them to... my friend has one and we put it in no problem and it feels real good
              Pete
              Audi 90 Quattro (typ B4)
              AAN swap in progress

Comment

Is the JHM one the solid one?

034 one feels good. Compared to standard it's a marked improvement. Makes the gearbox feel a little notchy, but I actually quite like that. A doddle to install too.

Comment

I'm also using the standard short shift kit, its a million times better than stock IMO, shorter throw aside its worth the money for the precise feeling.
                  91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                  93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                  94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

A little update for today.

I installed the last diff side mount. I left that yesterday because I was defeated by a headache and dizziness from being upside down all day.

Im going to leave the rear diff centre mount for now, as I need to drop the subframe to get at it properly, so that will get done at the same time as I do the subframe bushes. That remind me, I need to order new bolts for those. Anybody have the part number? front and rear? Ta

Ive also changed the front NS track rod end, as the boot was none existant, been like that for over 6 months now.

Im currently fighting with the tie rod adjusters, the steering wheel hasn't been centred since I bought it, and the last alignment place I took it to whimped out of doing it, pussies.

Peas oot.
                    1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

Originally posted by Kieron20V View Post
                      So, essay over, im going to fill up on beer and pizza.
                      Kieron.
                      hahaha I agree!
                      Nice job done on the car till now, mate! Keep posting the updates!
                      - Looking for a S2
                      - Lancia Dedra HF turbo i.e. (4sale)
                      - Typ89 Coupè quattro, 20Vt AAN, VEMS, K24-7000@1.3bar (scrapped )

sigpic

Comment

Ok, so after lots of swearing, and sacrificing my little fingers knuckle to the audi Gods, I have a car that drives straight again. The tracking was way out before, the previous garage said it had run out of adjustment when they did it last.

So, here's how I manage it:

I found a bit of small diameter tube, and some threaded rod that fit inside it.

Jack car up till wheels are just of ground and let it rest on jack stands.
                        I used a couple of bits of wood the same height and put them against the inside of the wheels so I had a reference height to measure from.

I slid the rod between the pipe and butted it up against the inside of the rim on both wheels. At the point where the pipe ended, and also on the rod close by, I stuck on some tape, and drew a couple of lines so I could take a measurement with some callipers.

To cut a long story short, I centred the steering wheel, applied the steering lock and set about measuring and adjusting untll the measurement were equal.

Job done, Steering wheel now sits centred (was about an 1/8th out before), car drives straight, and best of all, I didn't have to pay some scummy garage £30 for the pleasure!

Click for full size.

Cheers.
                        Kieron.
                        1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

Its Update time...

Todays challenge is to do the front wishbone bushes....

Im fitting the powerflex ones.

I wont bore you with all the details of how its done, theres plenty of info on here already.

Removal:

I managed to press one out in the vice like this:

The rest of them I had to burn, cut and hammer the shiite out of them as I managed to destroy the vice I was using, whoops.

A lick of paint:

I would have liked to use POR 15 but I forgot to buy some, had to make do with hammer*****. £10, robbing gits!

New Bush installed:

And to finish off, some eye candy from my mates garage.

I know its not an Audi, but its a fantastic car, im sure you'll agree. Hes had it since new, used almost daily, 2 complete restorations, and a handful of engine rebuilds.

Peace out!
                          Kieron.
                          1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

Coming along nicely. Hope you like the results.

That certainly is a very nice toy. Can't remember the last I saw one in the flesh!

Comment

I have a question for anyone out there who has installed powerflex bushes in the pressed steel wishbones.

When I was re-installing the arms with the new bushes fitted, they seemed to be far too wide, I thought i had installed them the wrong way round. I have them so that the flanges are on the outside at both ends. They were a real struggle to fit, plenty of bashing with a bat required, ruining my hammerite finish!

In the bush kit I got 16 of those white "thrust washers", I thought 1 on each side, no problem. But the fitting guide only shows one washer and it says to fit it to the inside of the bush. There was no way in hell that I could fit one inbetween the flange, or the outside of the arms and the subframe as its way too tight in there, no room at all.

Its all fitted now, and im sure its fine, I just want to know if anybody else has had these issues, most of the guides ive seen only relate to the cast arms so I cant really tell.

So far the car owes me a litttle finger and a thumb.

Cheers.
                              1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

Did the bushes on my 80 a while back, (twice, first time with Stiglets help, long story! lol) same as ures on the pressed arms, plastic washer on each side of each bush, and they were a bit of mare to get back in the subframe, even with the subframe off the car, but they do fit.

Going by the picture and description, you have them the right way round as well

HTH
                                Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

Working...
                                X