No announcement yet.

My 3B to RS2 project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Rocco 7A FPR will be ok, but I think I need some bigger injectors, probably Seimens ones and I'll get them at MRC when the car is remapped.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

• This is now turning into the 3B to RS2 and beyond project with the arrival of my GT3071R and 3" turbo back exhaust I've been driving the Mihnea mapped 3B/RS2 spec setup now for a couple of years and I have to admit it still feels quite quick at times so I'm excited at the idea of the Garret BB turbo, more top end without the big turbo lag.
      Here's some pics of the turbo, the exhaust is still in its wrapping at the mo. Order and invoice both say .63 AR so why does the turbo say 0.5?
      Attached Files

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Just realised, its 4 years since I started this thread!

Apart from Turbo and 3" system there's some other bits and bobs to be done whilst the car is being worked on this time.

Brakes. I've got an occasional warning which I think is the bomb going. The ABS light comes on somesimes so the sensors need a clean. There's terrible creaking from the monoblocks so a strip and copper grease is in order.
        I'm losing a little water, check for leaks.
        I'm gaining water in the drivers side footwells, sort it out, beginning to smell
        Wandering a bit, check ball joints, think one was advisory at the last MOT, check all bushes and mounts and replace if not recent.
        Vibration in the chassis from the engine, check engine and tranny mounts.
        Gearbox noisy at low rpms, maybe refurb or just change oil for something thick for now..
        Smell of fuel sometimes when pulling up, check for leak.

Hmm, looks a bit daunting written down

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by newsh View Post
          This is now turning into the 3B to RS2 and beyond project with the arrival of my GT3071R and 3" turbo back exhaust I've been driving the Mihnea mapped 3B/RS2 spec setup now for a couple of years and I have to admit it still feels quite quick at times so I'm excited at the idea of the Garret BB turbo, more top end without the big turbo lag.
          Here's some pics of the turbo, the exhaust is still in its wrapping at the mo. Order and invoice both say .63 AR so why does the turbo say 0.5?
          The coldside is 0.50 A/R as you see in the pictures, the hotside should be 0.63, check inside the hotside inlet, there should be a number cast inside.

You can see it in the picture below on the RHS.

Good luck working through that list.
          SS

Comment

• Looking good John

Will Mihnea be mapping the 3071?
            Past: S2 ABY coupe RS2 spec with lots of mods, S4 B5 saloon, RS6 C5 saloon, S8 D2 FL, RS4 B7 saloon, S4 B6 avant

Present: S4 B8 avant, MRC Stage 2

Comment

• Originally posted by CliveH View Post
              Looking good John

Will Mihnea be mapping the 3071?
              Yes Clive, its the only way to go

@ 4 Wheel D, yes of course the 0.63 refres to the hotside, I can't see any marks on the inlet, may have been lost in the machining though.
              Its sunny today for the first time in ages so I'm going to have another look at the source of the interior pond..

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by newsh View Post
                I'm going to have another look at the source of the interior pond..
                I've got the same problem, John...!
                Past: S2 ABY coupe RS2 spec with lots of mods, S4 B5 saloon, RS6 C5 saloon, S8 D2 FL, RS4 B7 saloon, S4 B6 avant

Present: S4 B8 avant, MRC Stage 2

Comment

• i managed to fix mine on the hatch! a litle silicone here and there,and also opened up the drains,all ok

if you are getting ponds inside the car though,check the door hinges,as the doors tend to drop over the years and although the rubbers may be fine,there is a gap there.Might be needing alignment.

Comment

• Spent a couple of hours with my head under the dash and a hose running on the roof parcel shelf out and carpets and trim pulled aside or removed, checked under the door rubber again.. Ended up feeling a bit sick
                    Found traces of water running down near the A pillar and some very wet underfelt up there but nothing conclusive, I'm pretty sure now that its not the screen though as I really gave that a watering.. In the end I removed the bonnet latch cable grommet and inspected it, this is a fiddle the first time There was some dirt in the groove of the seal so I cleaned it and siliconed it back in. We'll see after the next rain storm. Or hose session if I feel inclined, I hate this sort of thing, feels like a real waste of time.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• I wish my to do list was that short
                      Cheers'en, AndyC
                      1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

• Originally posted by Andy_Casey View Post
                        I wish my to do list was that short
                        Dont we all?

John, nice turbo will have to have a passenger ride when your done again and hopefully if your free will have to drop down to ya in a couple of weeks for a boost leak check
                        Last edited by madwolf_Uk; 14 September 2008, 19:48. Reason: SP
                        Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

• Just give me a call when you're ready Gary and we'll sort out a time

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• @ John nice car why u don´t use 3071 with highflow ?!

Comment

• Newsh:
                              When you get some dyno plots of the GT turbo please let us know

I'm considering changing my RS2 turbo with exactly the same turbo as your running.
                              Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• Originally posted by mZe View Post
                                @ John nice car why u don´t use 3071 with highflow ?!
                                Can you explain what you mean?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X