No announcement yet.

My 3B to RS2 project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad you got a solution there mate, that gonne be ok as a permenant one you think, or will the extra stress you have put on it likely to casue issues later?
    Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

• I had the same troubles using a GT3071R, Wagner Evo and a 034 DP. I had to grind away material from the subframe to have enough movement freedom for the Engine/DP combo + I had to cut and re-weld the WG tube flange of the DP to fit properly.

Comment

• Originally posted by madwolf_Uk View Post
        Glad you got a solution there mate, that gonne be ok as a permenant one you think, or will the extra stress you have put on it likely to casue issues later?
        Don't know, we'll see. Also need to run the car on the road to really check clearances..

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
        sigpic

Comment

• So whats needed now to get the car running?

and what rod's are you running?

Comment

• Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
            So whats needed now to get the car running?

and what rod's are you running?
            Exhaust is now fitted, clearance is pretty tight.. Need to fit the catch tank, don't want all that breather crap going through the turbo any more, anyway its unlikely that little plastic one way valve is going to last long with a GT3071 trying to blow it to bits
            Also have the issues of the noisy gearbox and the slack in the steering but I'll probably have to drive it soon just to see what its like. WGFV will be disconnected though..

Running Scat rods, RS2 bigends and mains, metal head gasket.

I'm back on stock cams which have smoothed the motor right out again. That 7A exhaust cam gives good top end but is weird low down, maybe I'll miss it, not sure. I really fancy a set of RS2 cams but on a 3B that means a lot of other work.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Sounds sweet John, hopefully next time we play on track it'll be spot on. Can't have these little k24 upstarts giving you the slip!

What's happening to the 7a cam? i've got an inlet to play with too... :mischeif:
              Cheers'en, AndyC
              1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

• Originally posted by Andy_Casey View Post
                Sounds sweet John, hopefully next time we play on track it'll be spot on. Can't have these little k24 upstarts giving you the slip!

What's happening to the 7a cam? i've got an inlet to play with too... :mischeif:
                I've got both 7A cams, I'm going to hang onto them for a while

Really looking forward to the car being sorted again now.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Might have a spare 5 speed with a dodgy second synchro after christmas if thats any good to ya?

Ya got all the bits for the catch tanks allready? :mischeif:
                  Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

• I'm looking forward to using mine now too. How loud was the zorst? I want mine to be Gatling gun spec.
                    Cheers'en, AndyC
                    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

• Nice one John, I'd be struggling to know which to pull out the garage to use, was mighty impressed with the shark last weekend and the noise too, still suprised my exhaust was measured at the same sound level, sure the meter was stuck at 91db

Look fwd to seeing the S2 in the flesh.....and if its on the track then somehow i think even track tyres aren't gonna help me keep up with that

Cheers
                      David
                      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

• Yeah im calling shotgun on a passenger lap in the S2 next year, cant wait to see her going again John, especially as i think the route your taking could well be my blue print for engine power :mischeif:
                        Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

• Gary, have you finished shopping yet, I'm ready to leave

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• You have PM mate
                            Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

• Lol is it for an exchange and mart?

Any idea when your have it back and who you going to get to map it?

Comment

• Not sure how long now, will be taking it up to Mihnea

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X