Comment

• Yes i have tried it
      1.9bar Rs2 turbo + Special Cams = lots of torque

Prosty showing of
      sigpic
      Audi S2 Coupe - 92
      Koni + H&R. PowerFlex bushes. 3" Exhaust
      RS2 IC. RS2 TURBO. RS2 EX MAINFOLD
      Best ET 2006 13.8 @ 157 Km/h (Stock turbo and EX mainfold)
      Best ET 2007 12.78 402m, 0-62mph: 4.2 sec, Speed: 175 km/h (GTEC)(1.1bar)
      Best ET 2007 201m 8.15@140km/h
      Best ET 2008 402m 12.34@177km/h
      My Project
      http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16997

Comment

• Pmsl!!
        91 S2 coupé - RIP
        98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

• Originally posted by newsh View Post
          Oh yes, I've started to have problems with the Samcos, first the hose from IC to inlet tube blew off a couple of months back, no matter what I did it just kept blowing off, seems like the rubber has swolen and as you do up the clip it forces the hose off the tube. Now the same has started happening with the tube to Throttle Body hose, you get it set up and do up the clips, go for a ride and it just blows off, the tighter you do up the clips the easier it comes off, weird. I've gone back to a stock TB hose and a bit of straight blue SFS for the other hose. Actually the boost gauge is a bit steadier with the stock TB hose in there so maybe its been leaking for a while but only at full boost.
          Time to convert to the RS2 inlet pipe and MAF hose arrangement I've had sitting in the shed for months..
          yep has similar issues a while back with mine and ended up having to double jubilee clip in a few places and thats just running a homefry Have you tried cleaning the outside of the hose with something as i found even the smallest amount of dirt/oil would make the clip slip off.

Looks fantastic though......at some point when the credit cards stop burning I will make the step to the mid 300s on mine
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

• Cleaning the inside and outside of the hose with carb cleaner helped a lot. At the moment though I'm using a stock TB hose.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
            sigpic

Comment

• Time for an update to this thread
              The front end paintwork is now sorted, I got 2 new wings form Audi, a SH bumper and my old bonnet, took the lot to the spray shop and they're now fitted to the car, the whole front end is like a new one.
              Thread here
              There's a full leather interior in black now fitted too
              Trip computer is repaired with a new unit from Joe (audicoupeparts) in the US.
              I have a leak which produces a puddle in the driver's footwell, I suspect the windscreen is not properly sealed that side, the water runs out the bottom of the A pillar trim.. May have come unstuck at Donnington with the spirited cornering.. Need to investigate further
              Carbon B pillar trims fitted, courtesy of MadS2's GB

Finally, its time to move onwards and upwards with this project, I had a mad Visa moment earlier on and phoned 034 and ordered a GT3071R .63 and a 3" DP and Exhaust.
              My credit card is in shock..
              But this car is going to rock

Oh yes, at some point soon there'll be a nice RS2 turbo for sale
              Attached Files
              Last edited by newsh; 20 May 2008, 22:43.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Oh yes! Heated seat loom and switches fitted, also from Joe in the States.

Carbon Bs

Attached Files
                Last edited by newsh; 1 September 2011, 23:29.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Coming on well there

Mark
                  '93 Brilliant Blue Audi S2 Avant - Broken again.
                  '98 Tahiti Blue Rover 216SE Coupe
                  '96 Arktiksilber Metallic BMW 525td (E34)
                  '01 Dark Green Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.1LTD
                  '97 Polar White Vauxhall Vectra 2.0Di LS
                  '96 Alpine White Peugeot 306 XLDt

Comment

• Back end.
                    Attached Files

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Looks and sounds good John, all you need are some bigger wheels and dropped suspension then

Whats that turbo from 034 like, ie when does it start to boost in relation to the RS2 item?
                      Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

• Nice work John, 3071 eh? I'll have to work a bit harder to pass you next time :mischeif:

Carbon B pillars look great much better than my peeling, rusting ones .

What happened to the 18s?
                        Cheers'en, AndyC
                        1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Time for an update to this thread
                          The front end paintwork is now sorted, I got 2 new wings form Audi, a SH bumper and my old bonnet, took the lot to the spray shop and they're now fitted to the car, the whole front end is like a new one.
                          Thread here
                          There's a full leather interior in black now fitted too
                          Trip computer is repaired with a new unit from Joe (audicoupeparts) in the US.
                          I have a leak which produces a puddle in the driver's footwell, I suspect the windscreen is not properly sealed that side, the water runs out the bottom of the A pillar trim.. May have come unstuck at Donnington with the spirited cornering.. Need to investigate further
                          Carbon B pillar trims fitted, courtesy of MadS2's GB

Finally, its time to move onwards and upwards with this project, I had a mad Visa moment earlier on and phoned 034 and ordered a GT3071R .63 and a 3" DP and Exhaust.
                          My credit card is in shock..
                          But this car is going to rock

Oh yes, at some point soon there'll be a nice RS2 turbo for sale
                          Good man excellent choice of turbo you'll be well happy with the setup!

Was it just the turbo or the I5 kit including water lines and silicon hose etc?

Did you order direct from 034 or via Nononsense?

Comment

• That leak in the footwell?.....check to see if sunroof drain tube...

is in the proper position or it is there at all or worse plugged. If any of these are happening....that is where your water is coming from.
                            You'd be surprised at how many times I have found this to be true in other friends Coupes.

Comment

• Originally posted by madwolf_Uk View Post
                              Looks and sounds good John, all you need are some bigger wheels and dropped suspension then

Whats that turbo from 034 like, ie when does it start to boost in relation to the RS2 item?
                              The 3071 boosts up at about the same as the RS2 (maybe quicker as its a BB), they reckon full boost by 3k3, but then it holds it to the redline.

Other point see below.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

The 3071 boosts up at about the same as the RS2 (maybe quicker as its a BB), they reckon full boost by 3k3, but then it holds it to the redline.

Other point see below.
                                I can confirm 3200 RPM with my GT3071R with 0.63 AR and no surge, and also can confirm the full boost till redline

Comment

Working...
                                X