No announcement yet.

Project '96 Refurb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

minor update! started on the rear left tonight, the rust definitely seems to have attacked the rear! plenty of wd40 and a breaker bar as a weapon of choice!!

For got to crack the wheel hub bolt before i removed the disc...DOH!! so tomorrow night will assemble that back on and do that but will also need the special socket for the top of the strut to get the socket and allen key in. much deeper than my audi 80 where you can jiggle a spanner in!!

all in all, happy little bit of progress!
    1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

1994 Audi 80 - 2.0 8v (slow but reliable!)

Comment

for the hub bolt BTDT - just put the wheel bolts back in the hub and then use a bar to brace it against the ground dude

Sounds like you already have some trick buts on there, be a good time to get your Konis serviced, 9 years old is getting on a bit now. 22mm diesel injector socket is what you need :beers:
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

yup, bit pry bar between two bolts will sort that bolt out!!

as for the koni service, sounds like a good idea. any idea how much services usually cost? budget is running tight and may be a job for another day...or coil overs

Comment

back end now looks like this on both side

subframe will be out tomorrow!!

look at what i found yesterday!!

Comment

what the **** is that?
            The Perfectionist
            sigpic
            Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

That looks fast! What is it?
              91 S2 coupé - RIP
              98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

caterham with a v6 motorbike engine (2 x 3cylinders merged together ) and charged! running about 500bhp! i was just there on a motorsport wiring loom course and that was what they were showing us on! has pneumatic gear shift, a beautiful carbon steering wheel and looks likes its going to be amazing to drive!!

Comment

Oh man, that thing is pure sex.
                  1993 ABY Coupe | BMW R1200 GS
                  A6 3.0 TDI Quattro (aka Sonic's 'ring support/cargo vehicle )

Comment

good progress, what are you going to do paint wise with the subframes? That caterham looks awesome should be a giggle to drive.
                    96 S2 aby Coupe. Rebuild Project
                    96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

going to get all the components sand plasted, then either por 15 if im not feeling lazy or powder coated. the guy i use for powder coating its very good so i wouldnt worry about the quality, but i think the por 15 might last just a little longer

Comment

would be interested to see the results as Im going to do mine once I strip down the suspension.
                        96 S2 aby Coupe. Rebuild Project
                        96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

keep watching and i'll let you know. hopefully taking the subframe, wishbones, struts, springs etc to the guys on monday if i get it off in time.

budget plays a factor too!

Comment

Rear subframe is out!!!
                            hitting the propshaft with a bigger hammer worked!

only problem i've come across is one of the subframe bolts sheared at the head! luckily the nut hasnt gone inside the chassis Going to soak this for a long time in wd40! theres a small hole at the top when it can be squirted in! Then with a stud extractor, i reckon it'll be fine. the other 3 came out nicely!

And theres been some serious weight loss going on!

now just prep'ing it for sand blasting and get that away this week!

Comment

use some decent mole grips on that stud it will come out, had this recently.

Comment

Originally posted by willg54 View Post
                                going to get all the components sand plasted, then either por 15 if im not feeling lazy or powder coated. the guy i use for powder coating its very good so i wouldnt worry about the quality, but i think the por 15 might last just a little longer
                                If your planning on keeping the car then POR15 is worth the extra effort. I did mine with Hammerite and they've not even lasted 2 years before rust is starting to come through
                                sigpic
                                1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                                1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                                1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Working...
                                X