Greg_S S2 Coupe 20+ years going strong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by newsh View Post
    Mine had AC and I eventually changed the whole heater box and blower for a non-AC one which is much smaller and lighter. That was done the second time the matrix went
    Whatever you do, take all the flaps out of the box and replace the foam which will be falling to bits. Your blowers will work again then.
    Ive ordered some new foam, I replaced the foam on one of the flaps a long time ago with it in place. Ive read of a few people using the silver foil tape aswell.

Can you confirm the part number for the non A/C ducting you have on yours please?

Trying to source one but would be useful to know if I have the P/N correct
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Some more progress tonight. I ordered some wire loom tape to tidy up a few bits while the dash is out and sorted a few niggly bits out.

I've taken the blower fan apart and given it a good clean and lubricated as it had an annoying squeak sometimes. I found a couple of feathers in it too.

Also replaced the foam seal on dash to matrix box and the foam on the flaps with neoprene foam.

New valeo heater matrix installed, I could have got a nissen one a lot cheaper but nissen rads have always failed after a couple of years for me. Anyway it's all re assembled now and looks much better for it.
      Attached Files
      Greg

Comment

• A little more progress tonight. Managed to get the heater box back in and re mounted the dash. Got the centre console, speedo etc to tackle tomorrow
        Greg

Comment

• S2 Coupe 12 years on

Sorry I didn't have part numbers, everything is tucked away behind the dash. Pretty sure I got my complete heater box off someone on here, maybe Acidburn. Think it was from a non aircon V6 coupe..
          Did you get another duct in the end or have you put the original back in?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

• I'm going to refit the original one I have now back in and tidy up its fitting for now and i'lol keep an eye out. I made the mistake of fitting dash back in before the duct so I've made life a bit more awkward for me
            Greg

Comment

• Not much progress since my last update as I had a cycling accident a few weeks ago. Ive got the timing belt now for renewal thanks to Steve for ordering on Audi Tradition and various other bits to tidy the car up.

Also ordered new oil and filters from opie oils and new PAS and Alternator belts along with a massive breaker bar for the crank bolt.

Should be able to start back on the car in a couple of weeks once I have recovered some more. Before I had the bump I cleaned the interior carpets and mats but have the seats and headlining to do yet.
              Greg

Comment

• A small update as I have mostly been collecting parts recently and recovering. I ordered some fuchs titan from opieoils and some filters, unfortunately the filters werent compatible and opieoils have been helpful with returning them which is good.

On another note I have a question when fitting the cambelt and changing it over. I have the RS2 belt fitted and it is a half tooth out on the cam cover when it all lines up, now the questions is should I line it up so the cam sprocket mark is 1/2 a tooth towards the turbo side or 1/2 tooth towards the rad side?
                Greg

Comment

• Did you find an answer to this Greg, guessing I'll have the same question when it comes round to timing up the RS2!

Sorted all the bathrooms yet? Just finished the final one, got delayed after a spur of the moment loft conversion which took up half of last year. Now it's definitely time for focus on the garage and cars
                  AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

• S2 Coupe 12 years on

Half a tooth to the left

(Towards the turbo)

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Half a tooth to the left

(Towards the turbo)
                      Thanks newish, I seem to remember error404 opposite but wanted to check. I think that's how it is at the min.

Originally posted by Ross View Post
                      Did you find an answer to this Greg, guessing I'll have the same question when it comes round to timing up the RS2!

Sorted all the bathrooms yet? Just finished the final one, got delayed after a spur of the moment loft conversion which took up half of last year. Now it's definitely time for focus on the garage and cars
                      Bathrooms all done, been nearly 2 years believe it or not. Utility room is current project. Loft conversion is no small undertaking either. Plan is once the utility is done and the boss is appeased I can get back to cars. Had a run out last night which was good but also found that since doing the heater matrix a couple of bulbs have gone on the dials for heater and oil pressure so need to get some new bulbs.

Can anyone tell me which bulbs I need for the dials and heater controls?
                      Greg

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
                        TUtility room is current project.
                        I just painted ours a couple of nights ago, measuring up for a couple of cabinets and counter top, plumbed in hot feed so we can fit a sink too...
                        AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

• Try these

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Everythin...x10/B002BB53IU

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Ross View Post
                            I just painted ours a couple of nights ago, measuring up for a couple of cabinets and counter top, plumbed in hot feed so we can fit a sink too...
                            All mod cons getting a sink in there.

Thanks newsh, will get some ordered
                            Greg

Comment

Half a tooth to the left

(Towards the turbo)
                              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                              Indigo ABY coupé
                              Imola B6 S4 Avant