No announcement yet.

Greg_S S2 Coupe 20+ years going strong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah thats quite a way off yet, currently running RS2 setup with MD147 K26/K27 Turbo and 3" Turbo back and custom map. Thought it may be worth changing the injectors now if I will eventually change the turbo rather than just have the RS2 injectors ultrasonically cleaned before I refit them
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

What about turbo Greg going for a bit more power in the 400 range?

Comment

Put a 3076 on it if you are at it anyway and have not bought a new turbo yet, you won't regret it
        http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
          What about turbo Greg going for a bit more power in the 400 range?
          Its tempting, im gonna have to wait and see what the rest of the engine is costing me to get sorted. Cant afford to have the head ported too unfortunately so just getting it rebuilt. But toying with idea of reverse manifold if I can get at a resonable price, dont know what they cost these days to buy and fit if it needs modifying etc?

Been getting some quotes for doing the bottom end balancing today too, had a chat to JP earlier about the bottom end and to Bassett Down about doing the balancing etc.

Just been trying to get stuff tidied up today, was alot of oil residue inside the bell housing so given that a clean out and goto set about treating and painting the surface rust in the engine bay too.

Also on the list of jobs to do, albeit a while off is fit the SQ snub mount, oil cyclone and a quick WANTED for the flaps where the steering arms go through the wings
          Greg

Comment

Originally posted by prj View Post
            Put a 3076 on it if you are at it anyway and have not bought a new turbo yet, you won't regret it
            and why not a Holset super 35?
            RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
            BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
            LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

Block has gone off to be measured now to make sure the bores are fine and see what rings I will need.

Head is off to be rebuilt and skimmed ready for fitting, just getting a few brackets tidied up and painted now.
              Greg

Comment

Been doing some comparisons against the existing flywheel and the new 3B flywheel that I bought with timing pins inserted. However they dont match up as you can see below.

Notably the 3B flywheel doesnt have the long curved marker on the flywheel and the position of the pins shown in red are different.

How are they used on the timing and will i need to get these modified to match the current flywheel?
                Attached Files
                Greg

Comment

The two thin pins aren't used for anything AFAIK, maybe some tests at the factory, but nothing related ot running the engine.
                  Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I should have numbered the picture.

Added some onto the one attached, what was concerning me was on the original flywheel pins 1 and 2 have a much wider gap than 4 and 5.

Also the 3B flywheel doesnt have the long timing mark on 3.

What is purpose of each of these?

The 3 timing pins on the clutch face of both flywheels match up however.

Also what additional parts do I need to fit the 3B flywheel?

I know I need to replace the two locating lugs, P/N anyone?
                    Also do the bell housing bolts differ and do I need any other different pins to fit it?
                    Attached Files
                    Greg

Comment

AFAIK the stubby pin is the crank reference pin, the thin pins on the other side have no function.

EDIT: The crank speed sensor uses the ring gear teeth for reference,
                      Last edited by Error404; 23 September 2011, 10:28.
                      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Not much of an update this week due to being back at work and it being manic and got an interview on monday so trying to prep for that.

I have a load of POR15 arrive with marine clean and metal ready yesterday so I can tidy a few bits up. Just waiting to hear back that the bores on current block are good before i commit to getting a crank or short block
                        Greg

Comment

Been a while since ive update the thread, mainly due to lack if time to do anything. Ive treated a few brackets and other bits with POR15 but was a bit surprised at how glossy the finish is, but should be well protected now.

Head has now been rebuilt and is waiting to be fitted, and clutch has now arrived which should all be going off to JP shortly for balancing.
                          Greg

Comment

Slow progress is being made, the crank and clutch etc has gone off to be balanced and im off to do some more on the old girl for a couple of days next week and aim to treat any bits of rust in the engine bay, check i have the right parts and paint the block.

Speaking to JP last night taught me a few things too, I had mistakenly put the sputter bearing in the wrong place on a couple of the big ends when I built the first time and found out that there is a diamond washer on the front crank toothed pulley that should be changed.

I also need to get hold of the part numbers for the following:

1. P/N for Oil seal for crank on the oil pump
                            2. P/N for Oil seal to go in the ally moulding on rear of crank
                            3. P/N for the diamond coated washer for the crank pulley

Also saw the thread with oil cooler fittings that have a pressed finish, where are these from?
                            Greg

Comment

Keep going Greg... Sounds like you're making decent progress
                              Cheers'en, AndyC
                              1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

That diamond washer ( I love how it's become known as this! ) is about £32 crazy prices

Comment

Working...
                                X