No announcement yet.

Greg_S S2 Coupe 20+ years going strong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I've made a little more progress this evening. I have decreased the areas I need to paint inside the arch and managed to remove the bolt remains from the strut. I need to check what size I need to drill before I retap the thread though.

I also have a bit of help need on identifying where some parts go. I sorted through some of the parts I have accumulated and bits that I have had in boxes for years and need to check where they go on the car.

The metal bracket I think is related to the glove box but not sure where? The plastic u shaped piece I have no idea? And the two plastic covers I'm not sure about either. Any suggestions welcome.

I have also got a couple of pics of the prep so far.
    Attached Files
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Can anyone tell me the size spanner I need for adjusting the tie rods as 19mm is too small for the outer nuts?

Also any tips on the pictures I listed as to where they fit?
      Greg

Comment

• Bracket looks like the one that bolts to dashboard and holds glovebox. Not sure about other 2 pieces, haven't seen them on any B3/B4 car I had my hands on. Any part numbers on them?

Comment

• 22mm for track rod nuts
          Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

• Originally posted by mdz View Post
            Bracket looks like the one that bolts to dashboard and holds glovebox. Not sure about other 2 pieces, haven't seen them on any B3/B4 car I had my hands on. Any part numbers on them?
            I had a look tonight at the glovebox, but couldnt fathom how it would fit on the left hand side, the screw holes line up in the right place but it doesnt sit quite right. Does anyone have a pic they could show me.

I also noticed I am missing a plastic cover trim over the screws on the right hand side of the glovebox if anyone has one spare as I have a platinum interior.

As for part numbers the two plastic covers have the right date stamps in them for the car around 93. But no audi part numbers just:

FX 4
            PR/EDPM TC
            G

and the other

FX 4
            PR/EDPM TC
            D

Originally posted by Mikes2 View Post
            22mm for track rod nuts
            Thanks mike, spanner ordered. Ive got in touch via PM to bambridge to see about new adjuster bars if he still does them too.

Got the rest of the bolt out of the strut and given the areas a first coat of enamel paint and will waxoyl next.

I bought a Sealey brake bleeder the other day too, went to use it on a friends Honda S800 but it wouldnt hold any pressure as the relief valve looks to be faulty so will be changing that. The S800 looks like a toy compared to modern machines but quite advanced for its time.

some info for those that are interested. http://www.hondas800sportscarclub.co.uk/history.html and http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/ar.../30/honda-s800
            Greg

Comment

• Some more progress over the past week or so. I have got the brake fluid changed and the clutch bled.

Along the way I have now retapped the strut after the bolt broke and I've been busy seeing to any surface rust in the arches. All treated re painted and had a coat of waxoyl this afternoon, just waiting for it to dry out before the arch liner etc goes back in.

I bought myself one of the sealey vs820 power bleeders from amazon, i was held up a bit as the first one was faulty but the second one worked a treat and made the job much easier. I also managed to borrow a compressor to try off a mate and got some air tools from sgs engineering. Not bad for the price either, it's made quite a few jobs easier so reckon I'll get myself a compressor soon.

Fitted the new battery too. Tested the old one again and it's definitely toast. I did have a sinking feeling when the clutch pedal dropped to the floor when it was bled but looking better now and clutch still works.

I will try to get a few pictures tomorrow.

Also need to add some parts to find. The rear plastic bumper mountings in the arch and fixings on the front wing for the front bumper.

Booked in for an mot next fri ready to get back on the road
              Greg

Comment

• Good luck with the MOT. Will be great to see her at ADI again
                91 Modded 3B
                14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

• Yeah I'm looking forward to getting her back on the road. House has had to take priority the last couple of years. Refurbed house top to bottom and 1 room to finish off so getting more time now
                  Greg

Comment

• More progress again today. Ive got a few photos of the work done too. nearside front all reassembled. Other 3 arches left to tackle and I am awaiting a mate to help tidy up the arches for me.

A few pics of the before and after. I put another coat of waxoyl on after fitting the arch liner back in to be on the safe side. Looks so much better for it. Also fitted the missing splash guard for the steering arm, ive been frequently spraying gt85 on the tierod ready to free it off.
                    Attached Files
                    Greg

Comment

• Nearly there Greg!
                      Looking forward to seeing the car again, last time I sat in it was when Mihnea was mapping it!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Surely it cant have been that long since you have seen it? Ive been on track at castle coombe after that too.

Also im after the bits of foam that go in the door handles. Number 9 on here https://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/audi+co.../837-837030/#9 if anyone can help?
                        Greg

Comment

• S2 Coupe 12 years on

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
                          Surely it cant have been that long since you have seen it? Ive been on track at castle coombe after that too.

Last time I sat in it [emoji6]

Was quite an eye opener, I was in the back, you were driving and Mihnea was mapping [emoji41]

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                          sigpic

Comment

• Ah yeah, I can remember that. I misread at first. That was a long time ago looking back. Was quite a busy weekend getting all those cars done.
                            Greg

Comment

• Minor set back this evening. Ive been out to check the lights ready for the MoT on Friday and sorted out a dirty contact on rear light board. But the more worrying part is that the oil warning light is now coming on.

Ive checked out http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55124 and http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60547

Oil level is fine, PAS level within range, brake fluid ok. I havent pulled codes just yet, but is this likely to be the small oil pressure sensor not providing a signal?

Will try and contort my arm down to check the connection. Any other bits I should check out?
                              Greg

Comment

• What does the oil pressure gauge say?
                                Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                                Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Working...
                                X