Greg_S S2 Coupe 20+ years going strong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=Fat Audi 80;n2025478]

The mistake you are making Tom, is driving it. Leave it in the garage. [/QUOTE

Excellent advice!

Comment

• There’s no fun just leaving it in the garage!

sigpic
      Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
      Audi UR Quattro
      Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
      Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
      Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

• Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
        Car is looking great Greg, the old OZ wheels look good with the grey paint too.

if those v700s are the ones you bought from me then i would strongly suggest they are now probably past it age wise, must be a good few years since you picked them up?

i have had contisport contacts on mine and been very impressed with them, had them on our previous estate car too, gripped wet and dry, quiet and wear was reasonable too. Goodyears always a safe bet too.
        You're right, I expect the rubber has hardened. Would there be any adverse affects to using them, even if they wear out quickly? I can get them fitted for £40 and fit the goodyears once they are shot, however long that takes. Buying the OZ's was most definitely the right choice, I still have the 17" wheels tucked away but it drives much better on the OZ's.

Thanks for the comments all too. Its been quite a while since I've got some decent pictures.

Originally posted by mackenzie50 View Post

Beautiful colour/shade indeed. Car looks fantastic. Hope we can see it and yourself on Anthony's Epic Gathering later this year!!
        Lets hope so.

Originally posted by audiman View Post
        Greg_S You will cause zero harm to the car if fitting just 2 tyres. The eagle F1 asymmetric 3 is the one you want
        I would agree with that too since the rolling radius is barely going to be different as tyres wear quicker up front anyway and F1 asymmetric 3 is an evolution of the GSD3 anyway
        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Greg, you know when we spun the Coupe at Coombe?

The rear tyres were a few years older than the fronts. As the rubber ages it hardens and loses grip.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

• I seem to wear mine away before this age thing occurs!! The RS4 consumes a set of tyres in 8-10k miles if I’m lucky!
            sigpic
            Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
            Audi UR Quattro
            Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

• Embarrassed to say I bought a set of part worns. Then replaced the fronts with new..

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by newsh View Post
                Greg, you know when we spun the Coupe at Coombe?

The rear tyres were a few years older than the fronts. As the rubber ages it hardens and loses grip.
                That answers that then, new tyres to come
                Greg

Comment

• Part worns should be banned!!!! But that’s another debate
                  sigpic
                  Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                  Audi UR Quattro
                  Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

• In between a load of other jobs I got the tyres done today and went to fit a non ac glovebox
                    . However I’m missing the 4 bolts to hold the glove box in and the bracket to hold the glove box light. Anyone got these fixings laying around?

Planning to get out out for a run tomorrow if I can.
                    Greg

Comment

• It is for mornings like this, filled with anticipation that make all the work worthwhile.

But heavens, glove box bolts! How about those top-mounts and...?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lago Blue View Post
                        It is for mornings like this, filled with anticipation that make all the work worthwhile.

But heavens, glove box bolts! How about those top-mounts and...?
                        I know the top mounts are on the list of jobs to get done. I am waiting for the tie rod adjusters to return from the machinist before I start that job, I should have them in the next couple of weeks and can get them fitted then.
                        Greg

Comment

• Thank you sir.

Comment

• Still waiting on tie rod adjusters. I've been refitting the non Aircon glovebox but I'm missing the catch for the glovebox.

Does anyone have one spare?

Also looking for the right hand glovebox screw trim?
                            Greg

Comment

• In between a really busy time at work at the min I have got the steering arm off ready for the tierod group buy and fitting of @lagoblue top mount bits. What is causing me problems now is getting the nut off of the macpherson strut on the lower bolt near the ABS sensor. Its the last few threads before it starts to come off, worst case I'll have to get the ABS sensor off and use some heat. I have soaked it with WD40 and will give it another go tomorrow evening.
                              Greg

Comment

• Run the nut back down the bolt and use a thread file on the bolt
                                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                                Indigo ABY coupé
                                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X