No announcement yet.

Greg_S S2 Coupe 20+ years going strong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you mean the standard slotted jobbies?

I have a couple you can have. new never fitted. I think i have new cups and nylocs too...
    Attached Files
    Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
    S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
    '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

• these...
      Attached Files

Comment

• I think he means the cap nuts that hold the shocks in

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
        sigpic

Comment

• ah... sorry... doubt you can buy them separately....

Comment

• Number 25

Part no 823 412 047

From 7Zap
            Audi coupe quattro 1995 MY ABY
            There’s some on eBay, maybe checK diameter

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F142690950844

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....

Comment

• Awesome. I came across one but they wanted £50 for the cap. Ive got the first shock out ready to fit the new one and its come off cleanly. Ive tidied up the threads so that one should be ok.
                  Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• After a camping weekend away I managed to spend a few hours this afternoon fitting the new Koni shocks. It took a while longer as I had to take the passenger side off again to fit the new shock as I bought a pair. All reinstalled and set 1 turn from full hard on the front. Now to booking in for wheel alignment.

When I reinstalled the Koni's I gave the bodys a coat of waxoyl before inserting them into the strut, I did this on my last set and its served them well.

A few pictures for reference. Old and new beefier tie rod adjusters.

New top mounts with the mount supports from Lago Blue to test out.

Im waiting to hear back from TTSroadsport for alignment now.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Greg_S; 28 August 2018, 09:16.
                    Greg

Comment

• Thank you Greg,

Along with several other brave souls whom I should also thank, Greg has kindly volunteered (and paid a nominal fee) to install "Strut-Stops" into particular top-mounts; and test them on his car. This is no small task or ask; and I appreciate all those who make this effort.

As Greg has said deftly above, these are a support for (a usually more expensive but with good reason, a specific latest version of) the original Boge OEM top-mount.

These kits include the blue, silver and black rings seen in post 534 up thread; and in place in the 2nd photo directly above. 3rd Photo shows the particular new mounts required at the time of kit install, top-mount ordering P/N and likely the best sourcing method. Independent testing has been going on over 2 years now, no mounts have failed; and no one has asked for their money back. If mcandmar can't bust them, I'm not sure anyone can.

Greg, I'm hoping you won't have to look at these for another 13 years.

BTW, those T/R adjusters look very well done sir.
                      Last edited by Lago Blue; 28 August 2018, 15:10.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lago Blue View Post

Greg, I'm hoping you won't have to look at these for another 13 years.

BTW, those T/R adjusters look very well done sir.
                        Fingers cross that will be the case. Im looking forward to trying it all out now. I've got the S2 booked in at TTS on saturday for alignment, they looked up on their records the last time that they did it for me and that was back in 2009! I didn't think it had been that long. The question now is what alignment specs should I aim for as its a 2nd car that is more performance orientated?

I know I have seen some different setups advised on here so i'll have a search but any tips welcome.
                        Greg

Comment

• Is the tts you mention tts roadsport in Bedford? I'm getting to the point of needing an alignment check/adjust but wonder, do you know if they go as far as altering the subframe position? Both mine have been off for refurb so I'm expecting them to be in the wrong place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
                            The question now is what alignment specs should I aim for as its a 2nd car that is more performance orientated?
                            All cars have a factory set up that gives a smidge of toe-in at the rear, which induces understeer, hence the first (and only) change I ask for over 'factory settings' on a road car is to remove all the rear toe-in and set the rear wheels at zero (or as close to as)

B5 has zero rear toe-in, and I'm really surprised how lively it feels!!! TT Shop did the S4, my local garage got a new alignment ramp a few years ago and did the B5, will definitely be doing the B7 within the first month or two.
                            B5 B6 B7 B9

Comment

• Originally posted by steve briance View Post
                              Is the tts you mention tts roadsport in Bedford? I'm getting to the point of needing an alignment check/adjust but wonder, do you know if they go as far as altering the subframe position? Both mine have been off for refurb so I'm expecting them to be in the wrong place.
                              Mine was out slightly the last time from memory and thye did adjust it since it was a case of loosening the subframes to realign. I will check on Sat and ask them to ensure that is done too. But yes its the one in Bedford.
                              Greg

Comment

• Nice one, thanks - look forward to hearing updates. My usual alignment place seems to have adopted some urchins who do the work now and I wasn't happy with the last job so am happy to travel for some expertise.

Comment

Working...
                                X