S2 Coupe 16 years on

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by M2ki View Post
    Is it the pictures or are you using a wrong ball joint for the cast wishbones?
    For pressed steel vs. cast wishbones.

I’ll have to double check. The ones I refitted were the same dimensions as those that came off. Which one is for the cast wishbones?
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Originally posted by LHD_Kid View Post

Greg, how would the Silverstone Classic work? I know its Friday to Sunday, but in reality, it would be unlikely I could do the full weekend - more likely one full day....
      You can come for one or more days. Up to people if they want to camp etc too, sat night there are live bands etc on aswell.
      Greg

Comment

• Top one is for a regular pressed steel arm - I don't recognise the bottom one at all, but then I've never had an S2.

Comment

• Cast arms were also on 7A 90 and early 2.8 80 and Coupes
          1989 Audi 80 Quattro
          1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

• Oh I didn't know that, weird how the CQ20V missed out, maybe it was a B4 thing.

Comment

• The cast ball joints have the extra ridges while the standard pressed versions are flat. The slots are longer on the cast for adjustment
              Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikes2 View Post
                The cast ball joints have the extra ridges while the standard pressed versions are flat. The slots are longer on the cast for adjustment
                Mike, I’ll check out when I order replacements again. Something I wasn’t aware of at all. Must have had the other type on there a long time. What is the correct part number for the cast ones? It’s setup with those fitted now so loathed to change them again at the min.
                Greg

Comment

• 895407366A and 895407365A
                  Getting harder to find, most manufacturers have dropped it. Some ruville, trw and delphi stock seems to be available.
                  1989 Audi 80 Quattro
                  1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

• I had a trip out to Petrol headonism breakfast meet and run to sywell airfield today which was good fun. A few shots from today, the rest are still on my camera. https://flickr.com/photos/38796648@N...57708038046254

tyres swapped front to rear and car is driving really well.

Attached Files
                    Greg

Comment

• New boots ordered today, gone for some Goodyear asymmetric 3’s and will get those fitted before the mot next month.
                      Greg

Comment

Working...
                      X