Greg_S S2 Coupe 20+ years going strong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greg_S

Strut-Stops (and mercifully Greg's new top-mounts gentle readers, which is really the point) survived their track debut! Thanks for that sir. Glad to hear after listening to that delicious racket as you deftly cut across the corner's kerb-stones.

I'm chuffed to learn that these widgets have been tested on the same track that in the 1937 and '38 Donington Grands Prix, "the race winners were respectively Bernd Rosemeyer and Tazio Nuvolari, both in Auto Union Silver Arrows." (wikipedia)

Happy to help fletch your silver arrow.

B. Rosemeyer wins 1937 Donington GP.png from book Donington Park the Pioneers.png 1938 Donington Park GP Poster.png Donington GP 38 pitlane.png

Comment

• Finally got the S2 out for the first time since lockdown after an MOT last week I found out that the rear gearbox mounts were loose which explained the bang I was getting. Fortunately this was easily sorted with a bit of time under the car.

I went along to Petrolheadonism at Shuttleworth which was a good show despite the changable weather. Plenty to see there with the variety of cars and planes too.

Untitled by Greg, on Flickr

In the collection at Shuttleworth is Little Nellie from the James Bond films too

Petrol headonsim at shuttleworth by Greg, on Flickr

Also along was my mates Honda S800 which is running really well too.

Quite an extreme volvo setup with screamer pipes and exhuast by the front wheel arch

The original Sweeney was at the show too. After having a chat to the owner its taken him 30 years to get it to where it is

The Sweeney - Petrol headonsim at shuttleworth by Greg, on Flickr

Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Looks like the weather held off for you Greg. Great to be back out in the old girl with the family and a car show. Can it get any better. Ice cream maybe. The Little Honda looks very cool. What year is that Greg.

Comment

• Can't beat a show with variety ! Did the Volvo look standard otherwise?!

Comment

• Originally posted by LSG View Post
            Looks like the weather held off for you Greg. Great to be back out in the old girl with the family and a car show. Can it get any better. Ice cream maybe. The Little Honda looks very cool. What year is that Greg.
            The honda is late 60's its pretty advanced for its time as it revs to nearly 9000rpm and has double over head cam. they are quite nippy too given the weight. I don't really fit in it though as I am quite tall.
            Greg

Comment

• Nice1!! I almost went to that event! a friend was there. Go you!

Comment

• Cool ! Its a nice looking car. 9000 rpm wow thats hi althought it is a Honda so always ahead off the game.

Comment

• It's essentially a 600cc bike engine, hence the RPM

Comment

• Originally posted by Bowie69 View Post
                    It's essentially a 600cc bike engine, hence the RPM
                    Yes that would make sence for sure.

Comment

• Starting to get a little bit of time back sometimes and thinking about getting the exhaust systems and interior sorted out on the S2. I have been building a home office for the last 18 months that has taken alot of my time.

The foam in the door cards has gone so needs replacing, I am in Bedfordshire so I am ideally looking for somewhere that could do the work for me?

Also I need to get the exhaust system redone, I have a 3" turbo back system, but the fit isn't to my liking and I want a sports cat aswell, where would you recommend? What sort of budget would I need for a replacement?

I also have a second project car with an Audi TT Coupe as a track car. I may start another thread for that too, I decided the S2 is getting too old to continue to take on track these days so got myself a TT track car last year with a mate and got a few in last year.

Unfortunately the engine got cooked at Brands (a baffled sump is essential) Lesson learnt! Once its stripped out they are quite good, despite the hairdresser rep. Anyhow, I managed to find a 2 owner 225 quattro 2003 BAM with 100k that I purchased today to convert for next year.
                      Greg

Comment

Working...
                      X