Comment

• How did it go Greg?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

• Good to get a run out and quite fortunate as well in one respect as I approached a roundabout two unmarked cars came past with blues on practising pursuits. 10 seconds later and it may have been different.

Isla enjoyed a run out with me though. It was nice to get back behind the wheel though, also went to get an estimate on getting the bodywork sorted so thats a savings target.

On the niggles side I had to remount the steering as it was out of line where I had to fix the horn going constantly, a 5 min job to realign. But the bigger issue is the misfire, I had it before on load and have fitted new plugs but it persists. Is there a way to get the coils?
        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• The original coils are all so old.
          A lot of us are running the TFSI coil-packs now, these cost a tenth of the price of originals and do away with the POS units so it’s win-win.
          Error makes a nice loom for them, plug and play.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Yup, without codes to point at something else, I'd suspect coils or the POS units.

I can do a TFSi conversion harness for you if needed mate
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Bet it feels great to drive it again!!! I’m so looking forward to driving mine it’s unreal!!!!
              sigpic
              Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
              Audi UR Quattro
              Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
              Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
              Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

• Yeah its a nice feeling to be back behind the wheel. With kids and house renovations going on it hasn't had much love for the past 5 years. I think the coil conversion is on the cards as it seems to be the Achilles heel at the moment.

I'll drop you a message alex on the the loom again.
                Greg

Comment

• The OEM coil packs etc are ultra reliable. It’s just a shame the cost so much to repair with good quality parts. Bearing in mind there are many of these cars still on there 20+ year old coils and POS’s!!! No TFSi coil pack will last that long, but they are only circa £35 for genuine
                  sigpic
                  Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                  Audi UR Quattro
                  Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                  Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                  Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

• Indeed, OEM would be a no brainier if it didn’t cost £1k to replace the coils and modules!
                    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Great to see you managed to get out in yours again Greg, mine is still on two wheels with its **** in the air exactly as it was left before surgery in January. Can’t wait to be fit and flexible enough to get under it again and finish off the handbrake cable swap etc and get a new MOT slapped on it.
                      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                        Indeed, OEM would be a no brainier if it didn’t cost £1k to replace the coils and modules!
                        Thats the thing, my dad gave me 3 spare coil packs that are brand new and in the box. I have replaced the coils once already over the last 16 years. I was chatting with Darron Edwards whom use to have H141 YVV many moons back at the weekend and we worked out I purchased mine in 2002 around this time of year. Id better update the title again.

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
                        Great to see you managed to get out in yours again Greg, mine is still on two wheels with its **** in the air exactly as it was left before surgery in January. Can’t wait to be fit and flexible enough to get under it again and finish off the handbrake cable swap etc and get a new MOT slapped on it.
                        Hopefully it won't be too long until you can get back under and finish it all off. Ive noticed the door card foam looks like it is detaching a bit behind the door cards, which I guess is from being in the garage for a long time.
                        Greg

Comment

• In between the rain I have got the TFSI coils fitted thanks to the advice on the forum, a wiring harness from Error404 . It turned not to be quite as easy as I had hope since the bracket to slide the two 3 pin connectors didn't want them to slot in nicely. After a bit of tidying up and some persuasive actions they all went in this morning. Got out for a bit of a run today and the heavens opened unfortunately. But the good news is I have a big smile back on my face as she is running the best she has for a long while with the ignition now trouble free.
                          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                          This gallery has 1 photos.
                          Greg

Comment

• Excellent need mate

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
                              The good news is I have a big smile back on my face as she is running the best she has for a long while with the ignition now trouble free.

Always good when something positive and enjoyable happens.
                              96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                              96 URS6 plus speck estate
                              94 2.6 80 Avant
                              99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

• Without a doubt, it has felt a bit like fixing one thing and then another needs doing the last few times I have done stuff. Next up is changing the front top mounts, lower ball joint and adjusting the KONI's. But will try to get some use over the spring first.
                                Greg

Comment

Working...
                                X