Greg_S S2 Coupe 20+ years going strong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by steve briance View Post
    Nice one, thanks - look forward to hearing updates. My usual alignment place seems to have adopted some urchins who do the work now and I wasn't happy with the last job so am happy to travel for some expertise.
    As is often the case. It’s only alignment, get the monkey on it. I wouldn’t let that sort touch my 6k investment in equipment never mind a car
    sigpic
    Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
    Audi UR Quattro
    Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
    Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
    Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

• Originally posted by audiman View Post

As is often the case. It’s only alignment, get the monkey on it. I wouldn’t let that sort touch my 6k investment in equipment never mind a car
      Well the alignment is all done and it has transformed the old girl. The drive is so much better now, probably also helped by having new shocks fitted on the front that arent leaking, replacement top mounts that havent collapsed and have knackered bearings in them.

It took them a while longer to get the alignment all done so it was a bit pricier than I had anticipated, but im glad to have the s2 on the road again. I asked them to add some extra negative camber while they were doing the setup.

After getting back I managed to get all the grease marks off and have a bit of clean up so im ready for a run out again on Wed eve.

I forgot to add on the alignment specs the top is before and bottom after. I had hoped they would get the alignment between sides spot on, but its well within tolerance.
      Attached Files
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• I bet that drives loads better!! Shame they were a bit lazy on the adjustments side to side. I hate it when people cant be arsed to correct that (if its possible!)
        sigpic
        Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
        Audi UR Quattro
        Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

I bet that drives loads better!! Shame they were a bit lazy on the adjustments side to side. I hate it when people cant be arsed to correct that (if its possible!)
          I know I was a bit disappointed with that too. Unfortunately this weekend was too busy to argue the point and hang around any longer so I accepted what was done.

Next up is to get the exhaust system sorted out as it rattles on the subframe which is an annoyance when driving around slowly.
          Greg

Comment

• Hi Greg,

I trust the Strut-Stops install and set-up went according to what both you and I might have expected? With a more definite vertical "home position" for the strut-top's new attachment point that they will provide even at rest, once settled; it may be that your next alignment will go faster and be cheaper (no new top-mounts required hopefully).

This mod should also help hold you current alignment longer as the continuous sink of the chassis on top of un-aided mounts is quickly halted after a few kms and about a couple of mm.

Presently (IMHO) your car exhibits perfect posture, shame the front-end will drop even a mm!

Comment

• A slight update after an eventful month or so. Ive now got new grilles for the front bumper after pheasants ruined them. I also got a few other bits sorted out but more to do.

After going to TTS for alignment I noticed there was a bit of knocking on the suspension so im going to check the strut caps are tight, i took the wheel off and found they hadn't tightened the lock nuts on the steering arms!!! I got in touch and it went back in and the alignment was re done as the lower balljoints weren't torqued correctly either. When i picked her up after this adjustment ive noticed the steering wheel isn't centred and its pulling to the right now FFS. I spoke to them on Saturday and im waiting on another call back.

Any tips on what could be causing it to pull to the right? With work I haven't had a chance to get it up on axle stands to investigate myself.
              Greg

Comment

• They haven’t set it up properly. Get your money back and go to a professional to get it done right. What a bunch of idiots.
                sigpic
                Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                Audi UR Quattro
                Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

• Hi Greg,
                  What joy when you get badly let down.
                  Aren't VRS in your part of the world? I'm sure they do wheel alignment. FOund out after I had taken my car to Northampton Motorsport. I didn't even realise they are a stone's throw away!
                  Anyone have any experiennce there?
                  Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                  20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• I know the owner of VRS. I’m sure he would look after an S2. He has a soft spot for UR’s and S2’s.
                    sigpic
                    Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                    Audi UR Quattro
                    Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

They haven’t set it up properly. Get your money back and go to a professional to get it done right. What a bunch of idiots.
                      I have been quite disappointed with the response. I chased them up this week as I hadn’t heard back. In one breath the alignment machine doesn’t lie, then in the next they can’t look at it again because there was a fault with the alignment kit and it’s gone back to the manufacturer to be fixed. I’m going to be spending time checking the suspension out again myself tomorrow. I’ll certainly be taking it somewhere else to be checked out, I’m off to silverstone on Sunday but not on track with these issues
                      Greg

Comment

• The calibration of the machines doesn’t just go out. When or if it goes wrong, you can’t use it!
                        Phone them up to make a fresh booking using a different name etc, bet the equipment isn’t broken!

Anyway, send them an email, and not in a phone call, requesting they return your money within a reasonable time scale due to their admitted negligence or you will seek further legal action.

But get it booked into Will at VRS, or pay Doug at MRC a visit. Both those places will look after you. And do the job right
                        sigpic
                        Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                        Audi UR Quattro
                        Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

• [QUOTE=Greg_S;
                          After going to TTS for alignment.[/QUOTE]

I also had bad dealings with this company, very unprofessional.

sigpic_________
                          Rob

Comment

• Sound advice all. I’ll give them the opportunity to call me and discuss tomorrow and will take it from that.
                            Greg

Comment

• nice build

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
                                Sound advice all. I’ll give them the opportunity to call me and discuss tomorrow and will take it from that.
                                How did you get on??
                                sigpic
                                Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                                Audi UR Quattro
                                Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Working...
                                X