RS2 Sedan Uk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 Sedan Uk

So here it goes! My original idea was to build an audi 80 b3 rally car but i have fallen in love with the RS2's as a couple of my friends, Mike (madpugger) and Chris (drummer87) both have replicas that are done to a very high standard that are just amazing. My mind was made up from the very beginning that i want to create a RS2 Sedan replica, i love the shape of them, they are also very rare! i know that the RS2's are becoming a rare sight as it is!
    So the plan:

Last month i purchased a B4 audi 80 Sedan Quattro off of a fellow forum member sjw185 (Steve). This is going to be the donor car for the project. It is in very good condition for its age and starts with the first turn of the key! Along with the car i purchased some various parts for the car which i will mention in my list below. So where do i begin with the transformation?

Well full RS2 Bodywork will be going on the car, along with most likely a full body respray, not sure what colour to make the car, im in two minds at the moment wouldnt mind a matte black paint job or perhaps the best colour in my opinion for a RS2 the RS Blue? Will be decided at a later date i guess!

Interior wise i have got S2 door cards in creme leather, with the carbon trim. I am on the hunt for the RS2 Grab handles though to complete the doors! i have a RS2 boost gauge that i obtained from Rusty (Andy), this is an excellent item! I have been on the hunt for an RS2 steering wheel but have settled for a S2 for the mean time. The 3 auxiliary gauges have been fitted and just need wired. The final pieces for the interior i need to get are the RS2 Recaros for the front, preferably in black leather (heated ones). I have been speaking with a few people on the forum and i have been told that most likely i will have to get the rear seat retrimmed into leather, which isn't a big deal for me. The existing door cards that were on the car were b3 ones with windy windows so i have now changed them to electric mechanisms with s2 door cards. The last piece i will most likely get for the interior at a later date will be plasma dials for the speedo etc.

Engine wise i am not sure, im thinking on possibly buying a stock aby engine and upgrading it to RS2 spec, i would like a car with around 500hp ish so thats what im aiming for, i have already got an engine loom and ecu for an engine. I am thing about a wagner intercooler and a bigger turbo but not 100% sure what the best way of doing it is. I think building an engine would be too much work and money to complete. So if anyone has a stock engine for sale give me a shout! cheers!

Underside of the car well i have koni shocks, H & R springs so gonna run them until i feel the need to upgrade to coilovers (in the very far future). I also received S2 hubs for the car. I am thinking brake wise, porsche upgrade will be my best option. I have newer subframes than the rusty ones i have down south with Acidburn (pete) so i will get them up and cleaned for the car. I also have newer wishbones for the car than the rusty ones on it at the moment. I will also be fitting new driveshafts most likely 7A ones and a new diff at the rear. I have a uprated gearbox for the car as well which will need v6 driveshafts for the front of the car.

So a lsit of the parts i have so far:

- OEM RS2 Front Bumper (needs repaired)
    - OEM RS2 Grille Surround
    - OEM RS2 Front Badge
    - OEM Back Reflector (on order with AT Groupbuy)
    - RS2 Grille Clips (also on order with AT Groupbuy)
    - Battery Loom
    - ABY Loom With ECU
    - S2 Hubs ( Recently been shotblasted)
    - Wishbones
    - Subframes
    - Uprated TDI Gearbox (good for around 600hp)
    - RS2 Boost Gauge
    - Carbon Trim
    - S2 Door Cards (creme leather)
    - All the fixings for the RS2 Mirrors and Bumper
    - RS2 Rear Bumper

So whats next on the shopping list? I honestly have no idea! Not sure wether to get the engine and get that all sorted out or to do all the bodywork and get that all completed! If anyone has any ideas let me know! I am also on the hunt for the RS2 Grab Handles and RS2 grille mesh at the moment so if anyone has either of these items let me know!

I will try keep this thread updated as much as possible with my progress

Pictures are to follow

Carbon Trim fitted to dash:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21373025513.139243.jpg

Rear Seat Removed For Retrim:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21373025547.646134.jpg

Carbon Trim on the doorcards:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21373025579.268121.jpg

More to follow

Comment

Nice going. Keep it up! Seems much more work than what I would like to have but I'm stuck on silly greek taxing at the moment...

Comment

Haha Cheers! yeah its gonna be a lot of work but worth it in the end!

Comment

Good luck with the project Jamie
          95 Coupe Kingfisher ABY

Comment

Cheers Martin!

Comment

Subscribed
              You have a good collection of parts.
              Looking forward to the progress, nout wrong with black

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...ight=rs2+sedan

Cheers

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by sjw185 View Post
                Subscribed
                You have a good collection of parts.
                Looking forward to the progress, nout wrong with black

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...ight=rs2+sedan

Cheers

Steve
                Its a start steve!

Yeah gonna start getting everything sorted in my summer holidays

Swaying towards just getting it sprayed in the colour it is as the moment! just a refresh basically

Comment

If you've not got some, I can provide RS2 coloured dials in S2 calibration - should make finding instruments easier...
                  Cheers'en, AndyC
                  1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

What happened to the 1990 Audi 80 2.0E Q that I did the build tag breakdown?
                    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Hi Jamie, have a silver saloon to do what you're doing to the black one, at some stage way in the future.

Regular black, not matt balck. I can't tell you how crap matt black would look on a car you intend spending so much time, money and effort on. See how nice the black saloon is in the link in the earlier post. A proper colour change is a big job, compared to a respray in the original colour. Not worth it as black is a good colour on a B4.

The door release handles on the inside of the four doors can be taken apart with a bit of patience and powder coated black to replicate / exceed the RS2 handles.

An S2 steering wheel is not really second best, and will be just as good, considering how difficult I would think you will find it to source an RS2 Wheel.

If you're not using KW coil-overs or H&R coil-overs, I'd be interested to hear what you do fit and how you find them ?

You won't reliably make 500bhp without rebuilding a secondhand engine. Put an ABY S2 engine in as is, chip it, and then see what you think of that, after which build a second engine to produce 500 bhp, or decide to rebuild your existing engine with everything bought in advance and the work preplanned to minimise down time.

With 500bhp, it's not just the engine, it's the inlet and exhaust manifolds, ignition, intercooler, brakes, wheels, mapping, clutch, etc. to match and compliment the engine.

You haven't said if the car is to be a toy, or a daily driver ?

Looking forward, in a good way, to seeing how you get on.

Keep on reading how others have faired with their projects on this forum, it is all invaluable information, and will allow you to profit, for little effort, from others experiences / mistakes.

Best wishes.

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                        Sadly i couldn't continue with that project was gonna be far to much work!

Comment

Originally posted by macspring View Post
                          Hi Jamie, have a silver saloon to do what you're doing to the black one, at some stage way in the future.

Regular black, not matt balck. I can't tell you how crap matt black would look on a car you intend spending so much time, money and effort on. See how nice the black saloon is in the link in the earlier post. A proper colour change is a big job, compared to a respray in the original colour. Not worth it as black is a good colour on a B4.

The door release handles on the inside of the four doors can be taken apart with a bit of patience and powder coated black to replicate / exceed the RS2 handles.

An S2 steering wheel is not really second best, and will be just as good, considering how difficult I would think you will find it to source an RS2 Wheel.

If you're not using KW coil-overs or H&R coil-overs, I'd be interested to hear what you do fit and how you find them ?

You won't reliably make 500bhp without rebuilding a secondhand engine. Put an ABY S2 engine in as is, chip it, and then see what you think of that, after which build a second engine to produce 500 bhp, or decide to rebuild your existing engine with everything bought in advance and the work preplanned to minimise down time.

With 500bhp, it's not just the engine, it's the inlet and exhaust manifolds, ignition, intercooler, brakes, wheels, mapping, clutch, etc. to match and compliment the engine.

You haven't said if the car is to be a toy, or a daily driver ?

Looking forward, in a good way, to seeing how you get on.

Keep on reading how others have faired with their projects on this forum, it is all invaluable information, and will allow you to profit, for little effort, from others experiences / mistakes.

Best wishes.

Awesome!

Yeah not 100% sure colour wise, It can be chosen at a later date i guess! That sounds like a good idea of doing the door handles will have to look into it a bit more. yeah the steering wheel is very hard to find so the S2 one will be just as good!

As for the engine, i have just put down the deposit for a second hand ABY engine with everything included and im away to get an ECU and wiring loom also. Like yourself many other people have given me the exact same advice as regards to the engine etc so I'm going to put in the stock engine and see how i get on! given im just away to turn 18 im doing not to bad as regards to having a fast car as most of my mates are interested in crappy little modified 1.2 corsas haha!

This car is going to be a bit of fun! something i can drive at the weekend and take to track days etc

Yeah im just gonna keep doing some research and take my time with the project, longer i take with it the better the job will be and the cheaper the insurance will be

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                            It's laying dormant at mine... Pizza anyone

Comment

Working...
                            X