No announcement yet.

Audi S2 Track Torpedo from PL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today we went for another day of testing. Based on GPS we where able to go up to 265 km/h. Car is stable and runs grate !

New photos.

Last edited by Albert; 27 September 2014, 22:14.
    AKmotorsport.net - Manufacturing Motorsport parts that do the job. | Audi S2 on Facebook | Best way of reaching me is sending email to albert@akmotorsport.net

Comment

looking good!!!

Comment

Yesterday we had a chance to download the logs form AIM MXL Pista and look at the files. Pista has 8MB of building memory for logging all the events when the engine is running.

It logs: G-Sensor, car GPS position, GPS speed, engine rpm, oil temperature in engine, gearbox, rear differential, engine cooling temp, TPS, AFR, cabin temperature, voltage for AIM and AEM and lots more. Every sensor is set for certain logging speed.

This gives enormous potential for analysis of the engine behavior and car handing on the track including theoretical best lap that would be put together form other 10 or 50 laps run on the race track. Some screens below.

sample:
        AKmotorsport.net - Manufacturing Motorsport parts that do the job. | Audi S2 on Facebook | Best way of reaching me is sending email to albert@akmotorsport.net

Comment

On Sunday when running first laps, while getting out of the fast corner, I have put the pedal all the way down, but the car handled like RWD and we spinned out in to the grass.

After getting back to the parking we adjusted rear anti-roll bar and wheel pressure. When we ran next track session the handling was much more neutral. To setup the car further we need lots of laps on the Tor Poznan. The situation filmed can be seen below. More films form the track day soon.

Some more pictures

After 23 laps I had exhaust manifold failure

Comment

You were lucky not to hit the tyre wall there. Exhaust doesn't look good, was the manifold too weak or wrong tuning?

Comment

To weak and problem with downpipe. This is easy fix.

Comment

Below there is a move from the rear camera form the best lap (1:49) at Poznań race track form Sunday. Unfortunately I don’t have the recording from the front camera. For better times I need to fix the race line on the track in some spots, fix brakes, besides make more and more laps.

Last edited by Albert; 17 October 2014, 15:08.

Comment

Comment

Yesterday the best time on Poznan Track Day that we managed to make is 1:47.751. Below you can find the video. I’m curious about your comments.

Unfortunately on next track session the power steering went dead. We tried to fix it but with no luck. Racing S2 with size of the tires 275 mm without the power steering was fighting for staying on the track. Maybe if not the failure we would have managed to make a better time.

I’m very satisfied with the car performance. The car has a great potential and next year we will definitely beat the time form yesterday. I will post more info, pictures and videos over the next few days.

Comment

Racing a car on the track is not only adrenaline and fun moments, but very hard work before and after teh Track day. The development of the car concentrates not only on that the car could run but also on reliability on the track with constant 15-30 minute maximum abuse. Going in 1/4 mile race you accelerate for 8-12 seconds, during drifting the run is 30 to 90 seconds. During one track day session the rus last 15-20 minutes.

This kind of abuse under full throttle is demanding on all of the car parts but mostly on cooling system. During this weekend the engine oil temperature was going up to 119 Celsius, engine water cooling was at 103 Celsius, rear diff oil was 109 Celsius. Power steering pump gave up probably because hight temperature. The maximum temperature inside the cabin was 42 Celsius! Those numbers were by the outside temperature of 17 Celsius. Would be if outside we would have 30° C ? It shows that we have to work on the cooling system.

Starting in November we will be getting ready for 2015 season.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert View Post
                        Racing a car on the track is not only adrenaline and fun moments, but very hard work before and after teh Track day. The development of the car concentrates not only on that the car could run but also on reliability on the track with constant 15-30 minute maximum abuse. Going in 1/4 mile race you accelerate for 8-12 seconds, during drifting the run is 30 to 90 seconds. During one track day session the rus last 15-20 minutes.

This kind of abuse under full throttle is demanding on all of the car parts but mostly on cooling system. During this weekend the engine oil temperature was going up to 119 Celsius, engine water cooling was at 103 Celsius, rear diff oil was 109 Celsius. Power steering pump gave up probably because hight temperature. The maximum temperature inside the cabin was 42 Celsius! Those numbers were by the outside temperature of 17 Celsius. Would be if outside we would have 30° C ? It shows that we have to work on the cooling system.

Starting in November we will be getting ready for 2015 season.

15 to 20 minute sessions are very hard on the car, how long does the car get to rest in between sessions. I have done quite a few time attack events in Sicily over the past few years in a TT and the format is 4/5 ten minute sessions throughout the day with 5 different classes/categories and approximately an hour between sessions. Audis can run engine temperatures over 100C all day just let her cool down when close to 120C, Depending on the length of the track, warm up/flying lap/cool down keeps temps and tyres manageable

Comment

car is for sale

https://www.s2forum.com/forum/member...upe-track-tool

Comment

Working...
                          X