X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quattrostyle
    replied
    Originally posted by purplelion77 View Post
    It may be even more expensive to import an old car in Greece. When I asked for a price to import my L-reg Audi 80 2.6 Avant I was quoted import duties of 400% the price of the car... which I didn't think it was too bad until they told me that it wasn't the actual price I bought the car (which I had only bought for £609 off ebay) but the price the Greek state estimates based on depreciation. To cut the long story short I had to pay 10000 (ten thousand) euros on import duties!!! Which is why the car now sits in my garden with the English license plates still on...
    Gotta consider myself lucky for living in NL then.

Leave a comment:

• Jonas_R
    replied
    Timing belt service

So decided to do the timing belt today and the other belts.

Glad I did all the belts where very bad and the crank pulley wheel was cracked.

Also discovered that one of the previous owners had gotten the bright idea to just block of the crank case ventilation. No catch tank or filter. They simple just bloked if off.

They also broke the thread on one of the snub mount bolt holes, so I had to redrill it and stick in a heli coil.

Leave a comment:

• Jonas_R
    replied
    Originally posted by newsh View Post
    That's an ABY pipe, the 3B one doesn't fit with the ABY IM. There are metal and plastic versions, I thought the RS2 had the plastic one but not sure
    Ok thought it was only plastic on ABY and ADU.

Anyways the metal pipe is better for my Water injection

Leave a comment:

• Jonas_R
    replied
    I didn't expect to say that for a non-standard conversion to (what according to my opinion is) one of the finest examples of 90's era Audi design and craftsmanship but... I quite fancy that! I like the attention to detail. This is one sexy van! And it seems that every alteration to the car is designed to be reversible too.
    Thanks.

And yes everything is made so it can be returned to a normal avant.

Leave a comment:

• purplelion77
    replied
    Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
    Is it you that you are also trying to sell it for quite some time?
    Haha I think that's a blue sedan you're referring to, not an Avant. It's been advertised on car.gr for some time now. It looks nice. I did try to sell my silver Avant months ago but all I got was scammer's attention so I removed the add ... or so I think I did...
    Last edited by purplelion77; 19 October 2014, 15:17.

Leave a comment:

• A80Avant
    replied
    It may be even more expensive to import an old car in Greece. When I asked for a price to import my L-reg Audi 80 2.6 Avant I was quoted import duties of 400% the price of the car... which I didn't think it was too bad until they told me that it wasn't the actual price I bought the car (which I had only bought for £609 off ebay) but the price the Greek state estimates based on depreciation. To cut the long story short I had to pay 10000 (ten thousand) euros on import duties!!! Which is why the car now sits in my garden with the English license plates still on...
    Is it you that you are also trying to sell it for quite some time?

Leave a comment:

• Jack4688
    replied
    Originally posted by rxl View Post
    look at the bright side of it... you can sleep in the trunk...
    I might have to do that for when I go to Spa next year!

Leave a comment:

• purplelion77
    replied
    Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post
    ...And those fees are just crazy

Leave a comment:

• Henkjan
    replied
    very nicely done, looks OEM

Originally posted by Jonas_R View Post
    The finish result:
    now there's room for a proper subwoofer

Leave a comment:

• quattrostyle
    replied
    Very nice carried out VAN conversion And those fees are just crazy

Leave a comment:

• dobbin
    replied
    read the thread on billet wheels for rs2 turbos easily reached 400hp

Leave a comment:

• rxl
    replied
    look at the bright side of it... you can sleep in the trunk...

Leave a comment:

• newsh
    replied
    That's an ABY pipe, the 3B one doesn't fit with the ABY IM. There are metal and plastic versions, I thought the RS2 had the plastic one but not sure

Leave a comment:

• V6quattro
    replied
    Originally posted by Jonas_R View Post
    So in Denmark we have this crazy registration fee system, so in order to get number plates on an S2 Avant/Coupe you have to pay the goverment a registration fee of around 9500 euro.

However there are some loop holes, If I build the avant into a VAN, then I only have to pay a registration fee of 1500-2000 euro. Furthermore then anual road tax will be lowered from 800 euro to 500 euro. But then I can't have any passensger in the rear and I need to remove seats, seatsbelts etc.

Some pictures of the conversion of my S2 Avant in to a S2 Avant VAN:

The finish result:
    nice VAN!

Leave a comment:

• purplelion77
    replied
    I didn't expect to say that for a non-standard conversion to (what according to my opinion is) one of the finest examples of 90's era Audi design and craftsmanship but... I quite fancy that! I like the attention to detail. This is one sexy van! And it seems that every alteration to the car is designed to be reversible too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X