Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Audi S1.5 [OEM+] - (10-valve turbo B3 Coupé)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW Lovely car and well done for sticking with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SA BOY View Post
      WOW Lovely car and well done for sticking with it.
      Sticking with it was the hardest part

But hey guys, I got a problem.
      I swappet my 034 top mounts to Meyle HD and there's still a terrible amount of wiggleroom. The Meyle mounts is a tiiiiny bit better, but it's still clunk-city.

Is there like a bigger mount or something from another car that has a thighter fit?

Comment

• Surely the Meyle mounts are not THE solution but it should be good for a while. There must be something wrong in your setup?

Comment

• Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post
          Surely the Meyle mounts are not THE solution but it should be good for a while. There must be something wrong in your setup?
          I mean yeah. Something is clearly wrong
          I just don't know why, everything is mounted correctly, brand new parts, and I can still move the top mounts by hand when they're up in the tower?

I feel like they should be a couple mm bigger in diameter

Comment

• Really weird, it can't be mounted correctly if you can move the topmounts by hand WHEN the car is on it's wheels (not sure how to check that since there will be no space to get your hand in there.
            Think it's normal when the wheel is off the ground, I'll check with my car in a minute.

Comment

• Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post
              Really weird, it can't be mounted correctly if you can move the topmounts by hand WHEN the car is on it's wheels (not sure how to check that since there will be no space to get your hand in there.
              Think it's normal when the wheel is off the ground, I'll check with my car in a minute.
              I mean I can move them with the wheel off the ground. Up&Down is normal, but side to side?
              I can TILT the whole struts a couple of mm...

Comment

• How much is a couple millimeters? Up to about 3mm should be fine.

Comment

• I figured it out!

I went by the car earlier to take a video for you guys so you could get a better look.
                  And while I was watching the video back I noticed something that I couldn't see before.

Long story short, the big hollow nut that holds the shock down in the strut had somehow come loose, so it wasn't the top mount making the knocking (I mean, they're still loose as hell, but not enough to make a sound), but the whole damn shock jumping around inside the strut.

I'm pretty sure I pulled it nice and snug, so I don't know if I just messed up or if they came undone somehow. I'll keep an eye on them...
                  Glad to have that sorted, the car feels much more 'proper' when there isn't a bunch of strange sounds going on.

-----

I also shimmed the WG-spring, so now I'm reaching the correct boost preassure.
                  I guess that the 20vt WG is different, because I didn't have the supposed hidden adjuster screw in the lid.

She pulls real nice and I'm gonna look into getting her on a dyno sometime during the season.

Comment

• Cool

Did check on my car on saturday and I can't move the top mount with the wheels of the ground.

Comment

• Just coming at you with a couple of pics!
                      -----

-----
                      I do have a tiiiiiny, tiny issue. Might as well throw it out there and see what you guys say.

*When I first start the car in the morning I get this stutter/complete miss issue while driving slow during the first minute. It happens maybe 2-3 time then disappears...?
                      *If I'm pushing her really hard, like in 4th/5th @ 4,5k+ rpm I get a bit of a hesitation.

It feels like they're connected but I don't really have any ideas. I was thinking sparkwires, because that's the only thing that's not new. But I remember measuring their resistance and swapping one out so they'd all be the same...

Suggestions on how to diagnose this are welcome!

Comment

• Check night time to see if you have any spark jump?

Comment

• I havent checked in for a while but damn! This car has really taken shape nicely. Well done, you can be really proud of your achievement! It has taught me quite abit! I have been busy with a turbo conversion on a 2.3 AAR motor, yourthread has answered many many questions for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by G-ReddySC View Post
                            I havent checked in for a while but damn! This car has really taken shape nicely. Well done, you can be really proud of your achievement! It has taught me quite abit! I have been busy with a turbo conversion on a 2.3 AAR motor, yourthread has answered many many questions for me.
                            Thanks so much!
                            I'm happy that I could be of help! If you have any questions I might help you with, let me know

Comment

• Hey buds, whats up?

So I've got this weird issue where if I floor it under load, like 3/4th, it feels like the car just looses all of its grunt after ~4.5k rpm SOMETIMES. And it kinda sticks, so I have to lift of the throttle a bit and punch it again. Supposedly there's some black smoke during these moments, so either I'm getting too much fuel or I can't burn it properly.

It also does this during the first minute after startup, I'm assuming it's related, and I'm assuming it happens because I'm drowning the engine in fuel... Both this and the other problem doesn't seem to happen if I apply the pedal smoothly, only when I'm really whacking it.

Since I'm still rocking the K-jet I don't really know how or if it's even possible to adjust the fuel since there SO MUCH WITCHCRAFT GOING ON. Ideas and/or thoughts are very welcome!

Also, here's some pics!

Comment

• You need to check the vac lines to the fuel pressure reg and the little vac valve screwed into the head, check the full throttle enrichment switch and solenoid isn't stuck.
                                If your feeling brave you can have a look inside the FPR and make sure the diaphragm isn't split. If it is though it would usually leak fuel out of the little breather hole. Because the mixture is controlled by fuel pressure on the top of the metering head, a drop in pressure or a leak in the control system will cause it to run rich ( which is counter intuitive)
                                It would be worth measuring the voltage at your fuel pump.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X