Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maiks
    replied
    Finally the turbo blanket arrived, hood gets without that so hot that I can fry eggs there. I bought it from PTP turbo blankets and quality is pretty good. It was pretty expensive and there are lot of cheaper blankets available, but life has tought me that cheap isn't always good.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• maiks
    replied
    Intercooler is 630 300 75.

Leave a comment:

• MattP
    replied
    What intercooler did you use?
    And do you have a front picture from the bumper?

Leave a comment:

• maiks
    replied
    Kahjuks ei tea pole dünot teinud aga üks on kindel vähe veel!

Leave a comment:

• Newmember
    replied
    väga hea auto ja projekt!! )) Palju jõudu juba on?

Leave a comment:

• maiks
    replied
    I had time to make pictures. Here U can see that the pipes are not shown, thanks to the green paint

Attached Files
    Last edited by maiks; 7 September 2015, 18:04.

Leave a comment:

• maiks
    replied
    Little more pictures of intercooler and pipes. If someone thinks why the hell are pipes painted green - green was the only paint I had and I painted them because I don't like shiny pipes behind the pumper. If I have time then I'll make some more pictures.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• maiks
    replied
    Yep, it is holset hx 35 super.

Yes it works, but we'll see how it works. The headlight is about 1-2 cm from the pipe. I have stronger engine mounts, but maybe while accelerating, the headlight might pop out Luckily the headlights are almost always available

Leave a comment:

• UrS4boy
    replied
    Originally posted by maiks View Post
    I don't have more pictures but the headlights are on and the bumper is on too, no problems with that. The intercooler mounting was temporary solution, just wanted to see how much I needed to cut the bumper. But it seems to hold pretty well. The sheet metal was cut long time ago when there was water cooled intercooler.
    Okay. I am surprised but if it works it works.

Leave a comment:

• Majorcina
    replied
    Nice project
    Is that Holset Hx35 Super?

Leave a comment:

• maiks
    replied
    Yours, showing that you cut sheet metal that doesn't have to be cut if the pipe is taken back more first before heading to the throttle body.

The sheet metal was cut long time ago when there was water cooled intercooler.

Leave a comment:

• maiks
    replied
    I don't have more pictures but the headlights are on and the bumper is on too, no problems with that. The intercooler mounting was temporary solution, just wanted to see how much I needed to cut the bumper. But it seems to hold pretty well.

Leave a comment:

• UrS4boy
    replied
    C4 UrS FMIC install with a non-NAmerican Front Bumper

This thread:

http://www.audifans.net/modules.php?...234&highlight=

Leave a comment:

• UrS4boy
    replied
    I applaud your work effort but there are few details that don't look like they are going to work.

1. It looks like you've mounted the mounting bar by bolting INTO the radiator head tanks. That's going to fail one way or the other. Most people hang their C4 FMICs off the rad supports and then tie the bottom to the round frame cross-rail.

Yours:

2. As far as I can see, you will have problems with your left headlight the way you have run that post-intercooler pipe towards the throttle body without going behind the headlight. The photos above and below show how to do it better.

Yours, showing that you cut sheet metal that doesn't have to be cut if the pipe is taken back more first before heading to the throttle body.

Last edited by UrS4boy; 12 August 2015, 19:25.

Leave a comment:

• maiks
    replied
    Little work with engine done. New air cooler, turbo, oil lines, Albert's EM, 4'' downpipe, lots of NERVES and oily hands! (bad picture quality because of mobile phone's camera)

Attached Files
    Last edited by maiks; 30 August 2015, 15:30.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X