X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gmac78
    replied
    Hi there,

Thanks for the link i'll check these guys out.

Leave a comment:

• psiconauta911
    replied
    Hi, about the title of the post, EFI express seems to have what you are looking for!
    See this link to their website:
    https://shop.efi-motorsport.com/prod...pr_seq=uniform

Leave a comment:

• gmac78
    replied
    Originally posted by Nathan94 View Post

Where did you have the VBand connection machined and does the standard hose now slip over?

Luckily for the turbo to MAF ive ordered the 70mm larger pipe from Do88 to save messing.

And for the price of the MAF refurb I'd personally look toward the speed density mod or new ECU.

I was speaking a lot to Matt from S&M in the states last night and he seems very clued up and is willing to do the work, but his map is currently with the Siemens Deka injectors.
    A local machine shop removed the VBand connection for me. Yes I utilised the standard hose for the compressor outlet, however it needed to be cut and some aluminium joiners used. The 3" cobra hose wouldn't it behind the headlight so had to go with a smaller one, space is at a premium in this area and the compressor housing sits further forward than the standard turbo which is what causes issues.

Leave a comment:

• tango123
    replied
    maxxecu race version. works great

Leave a comment:

• Nathan94
    replied
    Originally posted by gmac78 View Post
    Here is some info mate from when I did the conversion, It shows the various bit and pieces required for the installation.

https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...ation-in-s2-3b

Yes the MAF issue is a pain, my refurbed one didn't cover many miles before issues with it. However the Hotwire is still intact so something electronically has playing up. I'm going to open it up and inspect to see what I can find. Failing that there's a place in Australia that refurbs them so might send it to them.

https://peconline.com.au/products/re...di-s4-c4-aan-1

Hope this helps

Cheers
    Gordon
    Where did you have the VBand connection machined and does the standard hose now slip over?

Luckily for the turbo to MAF ive ordered the 70mm larger pipe from Do88 to save messing.

And for the price of the MAF refurb I'd personally look toward the speed density mod or new ECU.

I was speaking a lot to Matt from S&M in the states last night and he seems very clued up and is willing to do the work, but his map is currently with the Siemens Deka injectors.

Leave a comment:

• gmac78
    replied
    Here is some info mate from when I did the conversion, It shows the various bit and pieces required for the installation.

https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...ation-in-s2-3b

Yes the MAF issue is a pain, my refurbed one didn't cover many miles before issues with it. However the Hotwire is still intact so something electronically has playing up. I'm going to open it up and inspect to see what I can find. Failing that there's a place in Australia that refurbs them so might send it to them.

https://peconline.com.au/products/re...di-s4-c4-aan-1

Hope this helps

Cheers
    Gordon

Leave a comment:

• Nathan94
    replied
    Hi Nathan, no I'm still using the same chipset I purchased off S2 central. I never used the car much last year due to the various jobs I was doing to it, however that's all complete now so looking forward to clocking up some miles this year. I'm keen to try a different chipset but getting a hold of some in the UK is not so easy. Good turbo though, nice and responsive. Bit of a ball ache getting it to fit but worth the effort once complete.
    What issues did you have with fitting and any tips?

And I am either going to send the ECU off to be mapped with thr map delete, or look at a new ECU. Given the MAF is of an unknown age I don't know how well it works and if it dies replacing it is becoming impossible, so makes sense to just get that out of the way.

Leave a comment:

• gmac78
    replied
    Hi Nathan, no I'm still using the same chipset I purchased off S2 central. I never used the car much last year due to the various jobs I was doing to it, however that's all complete now so looking forward to clocking up some miles this year. I'm keen to try a different chipset but getting a hold of some in the UK is not so easy. Good turbo though, nice and responsive. Bit of a ball ache getting it to fit but worth the effort once complete.

Leave a comment:

• Nathan94
    replied
    Bumpety bump for some 7400 chipsets. Anyone UK based done this conversion lately?
    Cheers
    Just got myself a Volvo turbo, just wondering if you ended up getting different chips?

I am tempted myself to send my ECU to S&M to have the work done as ideally I want the MAF deleting.

Leave a comment:

• gmac78
    replied
    Bumpety bump for some 7400 chipsets. Anyone UK based done this conversion lately?
    Cheers

Leave a comment:

• gmac78
    replied
    PM sent

Leave a comment:

• Morris400
    replied
    Marc @ EFI express and Matt Felbaum at S&M autosport sell pretty solid and reliable 7400 turbo. I currently have both and am going between both.

Leave a comment:

• gmac78
    replied
    Bumpety bump for this thread. Any new 7400 chipsets on the market that are good?
    Cheers

Leave a comment:

• psiconauta911
    replied
    I would love to see a complete kit with this turbo!
    K24 7400 hybrid+ injectores+ chipsets + whatever needed

will be following this thread!

Leave a comment:

• gmac78
    replied
    Hi Kit,

There seems to be a serious shortage of options for these chip sets, guess it's not that popular a turbo conversion. Yes there is a wee bit off jiggery pokery needed to make it work but ends up being a fairly need install.

Be good if more chips become available, I'm all for trying a really aggressive map!

Get in touch whenever mate, be good to hear from you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X