Oil cooler bracket 034117185G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil cooler bracket 034117185G

Anyone have a spare oil cooler bracket Audi PN# 034117185G or know of an aftermarket solution

I think I have a spare. Confirm you need the drop down bracket, not the air guide bit?
    Nothelle S2 Avant in restoration
    Wr Ur Quattro (also in restoration)

Comment

This is the part I need, and to be honest I also need the oil cooler. I can find them in Germany but not the UK
      Capture.JPG

Comment

Ok, sorry. I don't have that bit, only the drop down bracket. Most of us have done the MGB GT oil cooler modification and deleted the Aux.

Comment

How much do you want for the drop down bracket, I'm sure that is shot as well just cannot see it very well.

Comment

Let me dig it out first. I will send you a pm.

Comment

I would advise getting a bodyshop welder to copy or repair your existing oil cooler bracket. I did that on my S2 avant a few years back and it was a huge improvement. The old one had more holes than swiss cheese and he was able to salvage it and weld in new metal. The only bit that really needs rescued is the two studs and the bracket that holds them.
              Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

My bracket has big chunks out of it due corrosion. At the moment I don't want to touch it as I fear it will disintegrate, I'll take a picture tomorrow but there is no way you could weld on the bits of rust that are left. The fins on the oil cooler are also just falling apart as soon as you touch them.

Comment

Here's mine after removal : . After some welding and repairs -
                  Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by B5NUT View Post
                    How much do you want for the drop down bracket, I'm sure that is shot as well just cannot see it very well.
                    Found it. PM sent

Comment

This is the state of my bracket. it's 100% rotten and you can just snap chunks off it. It does look like I'm going to have to get one made.

20211009_103022 (Large).jpg

20211009_103116 (Large).jpg

Comment

Working...
                      X