Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WANTED:Electric window relay

Need one ASAP.

This has got to be the worlds most annoying fault.

Go out in the car put the window down as its warm, arrive at destination, window will not go back up, have to go home Remove lower dash piece to get at relay give it a flick window works again

Can somebody help me ?

cheers

rich
    sigpic
    "For what you spent on that you could have brought a new car"
    BUT I DON'T WANT A NEW CAR!

1995 S2 Avant, Volcano Black
    1982 VW Golf Mk1, primer yellow, will be finished one day, maybe.
    2003 VW T4 long nose X pack, (has become project)

Why not open up the relay and reflow any dry joints providing you have a soldering iron of course.

Comment

allthough had the same on my 2.0, and opened up to find nothing really wrong so gave up lol ended up leaving the cover off the relay and dash and just wiggling it when it didnt work, that worked ever time
      Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

Speak to stiglett sure he's got a couple lying around, if not spink or sal definately will have

Comment

Have the same problem, n/s works fine, drivers goes down but not up and keep forgetting to disconnect it until I can get it sorted.

Really annoying to say the least

Have 3b so looks like a relay change is in order... Would be great kbnow if that solves your problem.

Cheers
          S2 Avant ABY

Comment

Thinking about it, the motor may be sticking. I've had this fault. Water found it way into the motor and would occasionally cause the thermal fuse on the rear of the motor to trip. Eventually the fuse failed. I stripped down the motor cleaned it out, lubricated it and replaced the fuse. Bingo bongo, no more annoyance.

Comment

Working...
            X