strut brace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strut brace

Hi looking for a bolt on type strut brace for coupe quattro ,80 etc or does anyone know were a new 1 can b bought, thanks paul

http://images38.fotki.com/v1278/phot...MG_9427-vi.jpg

ask here if he'd be interested in removing the one from his and the plates that go on the car.

Afaik if you buy the weld on legs for the strut brace one side now is NLA so you have to buy two of the same side and turn one around.

Comment

Dubmeister.co.uk used to have a Weitec strut brace advetised for around ÂŁ100 IIRC.

Or look out on ebay, I picked up an OMP one for ÂŁ30 delivered.

I had originally planned doing what aciburn mentions and getting an s2/v6 strut brace but this looked a bit beefier and was at a decent price.
      1990 Cq20v GTi Engineering RE2400
      1992 16v 80 quattro
      2004 A3

Comment

i cut the tower mounts out of an S2 shell Sal had with a big ****-off angle grinder - not the easiest thing to do, and the turrets are quadruple skin in places - about 8mm thick!
        Then I had to cut the actual brace mount off the turret skins with a mini-grinder which was a PITA.....and i still need to weld the mounts onto my CQ and paint it back up again!
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Does anyone do a rear brace or am I going to have to get one made up?
          Cheers'en, AndyC
          1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

i thought about making one like this:

The pic is from 20v.org - apparently this bar was made by Jamex but is now discontinued.
            Would be handy to makle it removeable if poss, but maybe not so important for your track project Andy - are you not have a cage?
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

When i get as far as a cage, i was planning on incorporating a rear strut brace in the design somewhere, along with a bar for the harness's.
              Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

if you get a decent cage, you shouldn't need any extra structural bracing TBH.
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post

The pic is from 20v.org - apparently this bar was made by Jamex but is now discontinued.
                  Would be handy to makle it removeable if poss, but maybe not so important for your track project Andy - are you not have a cage?
                  Check out fusion fabrications, they do some good cheap custom work imo compared to some i've seen.

Comment

I was thinking a removable one would be good so that I still have a boot if I need it. Cage is a fair way off so it's a possible interim solution.
                    Cheers'en, AndyC
                    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

i cut the tower mounts out of an S2 shell Sal had with a big ****-off angle grinder
                      Me and my bro asked Sal WTF had happened to those strut towers

►►► LINKY
                      2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
                      2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
                      1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

haha
                        Yeah i had a bit of a battle with it, even with the engine out it was a nightmare to get in at the right angle with the grinder, hence why i modded the firewall with a 314mm brake disk to get it out of the way

Thanks for the linky
                        Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                        X