No announcement yet.

MAXXECU what opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running MAXXECU.V1 Never had any issues.

Comment

Running MaxxECU V1 on my S2 couple.....best ecu I've bought to date !

Comment

What recommended tuner are people using for maxx Ecu (uk)

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
          What recommended tuner are people using for maxx Ecu (uk)
          Jp@ Jnl racing did mine...very happy with the end result....car starts and runs perfectly making 650 bhp at 2bar

Comment

Originally posted by audisimba View Post

Jp@ Jnl racing did mine...very happy with the end result....car starts and runs perfectly making 650 bhp at 2bar
            JP never mapped your car I know this because he told me .
            And this so called engine builder part time tuiner who took a 2 day course on engine calibration thinks he is a tuiner .
            My self and countless people who instructed him to build our engines on the basis he was the guy to use .
            there are plenty of threads showing the wake of distraction.

In my opinion he his ISIS to a engine he kills them with no remorse !

So so if you value your engine then contact Alex Clayton the director of Ultra performance Engineering who is a Maxxecu dealer.

Comment

I was at the dyno when it was being mapped, he definitely was there mapping. Anyhow we digress from the main topic......I had Emerald K6 on the S2 previously and it is a good ecu but if you want it to start monitoring the engine more like, eg EGT, Oil temp & pressure, fuel pressure etc and take action like boost cut, ignition retard or shut down....it starts to get expensive with additional modules etc. As previously mentioned in the thread the MaxxECU Race & Pro both come with EGT inputs. I use the car for hillclimb and when your going flat out you haven't got time to look at gauges....you need the ecu to make the decision if something is not right and it should shut down the engine to avoid damage. The MaxxECU support is superb....I was very impressed when doing an update and it went wrong, causing issues with the firmware....Maxx logged into my laptop remotely and fixed the issue.

Comment

Which version should I get, for street use, I guess "street"is more than enough ? Does it support aditional injection like methanol ?
                Thx

Comment

Originally posted by giorgioS2 View Post
                  Which version should I get, for street use, I guess "street"is more than enough ? Does it support aditional injection like methanol ?
                  Thx
                  "Street" version is only useful if you run E85. If you want to run on normal gasoline, get something that actually has knock control.
                  And this question should be addressed to your dealer!
                  http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Hello it’s hard to program the Knock sensors on the Maxxecu ?

That is the only reason for me to buy a Race one .

thanks
                    Manuel

Comment

It's easier than on EMU Black.
                      _Rubí_

Comment

Define hard! It’s not what I’d call hard work but definitely technical and it’s essential to get it right or you will most likely destroy your engine.
                        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                        Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Anyone else running maxxecu with issues at cold start ?
                          Have to crank several times to start engine, any way around this in the maxx ecu setup ?

Thanks

Comment

Sure, way around it is to tune it properly
                            Most likely you need more fuel. At cold start, you need enrichment as the fuel does not all enter the cylinder in a combustible state, in fact not much of it is combustible. Turn off lambda control. First tune your VE table accurately at operating temperature. ~ lambda 1.00 is a good start unless you have big cams. Try around 10-12deg timing. Use the warm-up table to tune your warm-up fuel, to get your desired lambda during warm-up phase. Following this, you also have after start enrichment and prime pulse which are both essential to get a smooth OEM start-up. This is the detailed tuning which takes time and is actually more difficult that WOT which is why most tuners can’t be bothered. You probably need 5-6 complete cold starts to get it even close to where it needs to be - this means leaving the car overnight to cool completely. Plus tuning in the coldest conditions in winter. OEMs spend weeks doing this stuff in all climates & conditions. It is not 5 minutes work
                            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                            Indigo ABY coupé
                            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Hopefully my maxx ecu supplier will assist me to get it starting oem style hot or cold

Comment

Working...
                              X