Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steverrquattro
    replied
    New abs caps sorted this and re-set the air gap by using the sacrificial plastic splines.

Fit the new caps, push the sensors in and tighten the bolt. Job done. :-)

Can't believe how much time I spent ******* about when all I had to do was buy new sensor caps.

Leave a comment:

• AndyP
    replied
    Not sure, but I think there might be a Land Rover sensor that works.

Leave a comment:

• steverrquattro
    replied
    Originally posted by AndyP View Post
    Any update?

Normally you just push the sensor in until it bottons, do you have the rubber boots fitted because they can change the amount they go in.
    I have new sensor caps which I will be fitting tomorrow afternoon. Fingers crossed.

Are the sensors still available new?

Leave a comment:

• AndyP
    replied
    Any update?

Normally you just push the sensor in until it bottons, do you have the rubber boots fitted because they can change the amount they go in.

Leave a comment:

• steverrquattro
    replied
    BTTT - a nice day for messing about with an S2. Any advice is appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• steverrquattro
    replied
    So what is the sweet spot? I've made lots of adjustments and at certain speeds when braking, the ABS kicks in.

Leave a comment:

• steverrquattro
    replied
    Originally posted by newsh View Post
    A faulty, dirty or badly adjusted sensor can definitely make the abs pump cut in as you come to a stop. Classic symptom.
    I backed all of the sensors off today and the noise stopped. Just need to find the sweet spot now.

Leave a comment:

• newsh
    replied
    A faulty, dirty or badly adjusted sensor can definitely make the abs pump cut in as you come to a stop. Classic symptom.

Leave a comment:

• Rikki Kitto
    replied
    Mine used to make a strange farting noise until I deleted the bomb so it must of been that

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    Gap was wrong on mine and the abs light came on. No strange noises or pedal feeling.
    Sounds to me like it might be the regulator or the abs pump itself.

Leave a comment:

• steverrquattro
    replied
    I've had a reply on this off another site and they have suggested that the air gap may not be correct. I thought that if it wasn't, then the sensor would not read and the ABS light would be on?

Leave a comment:

• LHD_Kid
    replied
    mmmm..... Need to get me some "side fumbling"....

Leave a comment:

• AndyP
    replied
    The 'boing' noise you're hearing is the hydrocoptic marzlevanes aligning themsleves with the lunar waneshaft to prevent side fumbling, all perfectly normal

Leave a comment:

• steverrquattro
    started a topic ABS Noise - 3B Engine

ABS Noise - 3B Engine

Another ABS fault. This time when driving there is a hissing/whooshing noise coming from the ABS pump area. When braking, the car squirms and you can feel the ABS through the brake pedal. Sometimes when you come to a stop you hear a 'boing' type noise.

Previously the ABS light came on after 25mph or thereabouts. I've cleaned all the sensors and the teeth and the abs light has gone away. Car drives fine without the strange noise and brakes normal when ABS is switched off.
Working...
X