This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porsche 996 Brake Upgrade

The 996 brake upgrade guide from slybadger.com is now officially located at http://www.s2forum.com/996-brake-upgrade/.

Due to the owner (Alistair C on the forum) having problems with the host we have re-located it under the s2forum domain to ensure that a copy of it is always available.

Many thanks Alistair
    S2Forum.com Administrator

Nice one, I had an offline copy as I owned the car it was put on for a while, nice one Al

Comment

Sonic.
      Midnight Blue S2 - SOLD - 1993 S2 Avant

Comment

Glad to see that not getting lost - nice one Sonic !
        Paul Nugent
        Webmaster http://S2central.net
        Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
        2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
        2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Anyone got any details on how to fit the 996 rear calipers on the **** of an S2?

Comment

Excellent work there thanks for that Sonic.
            Glad to see it'll be around for a while longer & I wonder how long it'll be before google finds it again?!

Cheers,

Alistair

Comment

Originally posted by Alistair C View Post
              how long it'll be before google finds it again?!

Cheers,

Alistair
              Pretty quickly id say Google
              Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

Originally posted by MikeLarwood View Post
                Anyone got any details on how to fit the 996 rear calipers on the **** of an S2?
                Thats not too common a conversion.. the problem lies with the fact that there is no hand brake mechanism to work with the s2 cable system. It can be done, by all means but it would be a custom system.
                Basically anything is possible ther are a few options (dependant upon what discs you can find that will work):

1.Make a custom bracket for the caliper that would be able two hold two calipers radially around the disc, the 996 rear one and a handbrake caliper (like off an aston).
                2.I think there was someone that was able to fit a handbrake mechanism into a porsche 4 pot caliper, but cant remember who that was????? and that may work with an RS2 rear caliper carrier, i dont know whet discs you could use though.
                3.Sell the rear 996 calipers and do the s4/s6 alloy rear caliper and vw g60/beetle vented rear disc conversion.
                Black B3 1990 CQ 2.3E converted to ABY & 6spd. (301bhp) - Now Sold
                03 Dolphin B6 S4 Avant LPG - New Daily Wagon
                01 Silver D2 A8 3.7 quattro sport - SOLD

"Difficult is worth doing"

Comment

Originally posted by re2500 View Post
                  2.I think there was someone that was able to fit a handbrake mechanism into a porsche 4 pot caliper, but cant remember who that was?????
                  Somebody called Corey perhaps?

Comment

Corey who???

Joking...
                    The Perfectionist
                    sigpic
                    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Working...
                    X