A slight major issue!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A slight major issue!?

Long story short, after having my car off the road for months whilst rebuilding the bottom end, oversized JE Pistons, Uprated rods, arp headbolts etc......

Iv driven her in and was redy to start having fun again and i went to change the radio last thing before traveling back to work in chester and iv bloody fried a cable behind the dash and the ignition lights are constantly on, when i start the engine i can pull the key out and the engine still runs untill i disconect the ecu fuse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Iv had to dis connect the battery and leave her till next week again till im off!

any ideas?
    Probably the longet S2 project in history EVER!

nightmare, hope you manage to get it sorted asap!
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Seriousley.............have you got mice?
      If your cars been standing for a while and you haven't touched the electrics, then maybe something else has...........
      sigpic

Comment

borrow a cat and shut it in the car overnight
        You can borrow mine - but he's sh*t at catching anything faster than a slug
        sigpic

Comment

thanks lads, ill have to leave her till next weekj

Comment

Ace i fixed it se is all good again, i pulled all the dash inserts out, steering wheel, cubby, clocks etc and split all the wires and traced the leed back all 2.5m of it.

It had melted it self and a small part of 2 others causing an oper curcit so fixed them up, relpaced the wires and taped all the loomb back up and that was it!

Loving S2 ownership once again!!!!!!!!!!!11

Comment

Originally posted by quattro View Post
              Ace i fixed it se is all good again, i pulled all the dash inserts out, steering wheel, cubby, clocks etc and split all the wires and traced the leed back all 2.5m of it.

It had melted it self and a small part of 2 others causing an oper curcit so fixed them up, relpaced the wires and taped all the loomb back up and that was it!

Loving S2 ownership once again!!!!!!!!!!!11
              Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

Working...
              X