No announcement yet.

new updated angel eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think I'll still order the Chrome versions. If I think they don't suit I'll black them out as suggested by Pete. Other way round and I'd be stuck.

Lose the angel eye rubbish, just disconnect it. The outside that is intended as an indicator (remember these have to fit B4 80's with indicator NOT in the bumper) could be changed to a sidelight, the sidelight strip across the top wired separately into the cabin as a selectable DRL.
    Think that's the way I'll go.
    Be good if they did a GB, well!!! good for you guys seeing as I'll have to be the guinea pig
    2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
    2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
    1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

woohoo finally someone steps forward!!

I just hope it has the facility for the light leveling motor and the right plug/connectors to suit the wiring loom.

Soon find out
      Pearl white 91-S2-3B K&N cone air filter - Home made induction pipe work - 18" RS4 replica alloys - Yokohama Parada Spec 2 rubber - Colour coded body work - Bilstein/H&R suspension - s/s 3in turbo back Longlife exhaust - SFS water hoses - Samco boost hoses - RS2 FARB - RS2 eyeballs - Squeaky interior trim & 2 bar!

Comment

Originally posted by Jas11n View Post
        I'll have to be the guinea pig
        You love it anyway Jas!
        Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

Cheers Jas

Comment

I checked with the seller and they are only selling the european versions with the wrong beam angle
            Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

i wonder if Bo can do his magic and ask them if they are willing to make some special batches for us like they did the MPH plasmas
              Pearl white 91-S2-3B K&N cone air filter - Home made induction pipe work - 18" RS4 replica alloys - Yokohama Parada Spec 2 rubber - Colour coded body work - Bilstein/H&R suspension - s/s 3in turbo back Longlife exhaust - SFS water hoses - Samco boost hoses - RS2 FARB - RS2 eyeballs - Squeaky interior trim & 2 bar!

Comment

Originally posted by s2_southwest View Post
                i wonder if Bo can do his magic and ask them if they are willing to make some special batches for us like they did the MPH plasmas
                I bet they will say they need a set of RHD lights to do it

Comment

i think i might have my old pre-elipsoid set somewhere they can have. if not im sure someone will

Comment

i cant belive you are evey thinking of replacing the genuine ellipsoids with this...
                    Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Originally posted by Skull23 View Post
                      i cant belive you are evey thinking of replacing the genuine ellipsoids with this...
                      I'm not

Order time. Which to choose
                      Decisions decisions.

If I order the chrome, then don't like them, I can black them out. BUT, I'm messing with a £200 set of headlamps.
                      If I black em out and hate them even more, I'm stuffed.

If I buy the blacked ones, I can't chrome them up.

My bro says buy one of each

So, which do I get??? Grrrr

Answers on a postcard......

2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

For you colour car I would go Chrome, I want the black one personally as it would suit my dark blue car better than the sparkly chrome.

Am I the only one who likes Angel eyes?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                          For you colour car I would go Chrome, I want the black one personally as it would suit my dark blue car better than the sparkly chrome.

Am I the only one who likes Angel eyes?

and as mentioned if you do black them out you can always sell them to audioc or ebay them

Comment

Going on those photoshops, Id say the silver ones look more OEM.
                            I dont like the way the 3 silver bits stick out on the black ones.

I like angel eyes too

On a BMW!

Personally I HATE the look of the original elipsoids, I prefer the smoother look of the 3B lights

Comment

get the black ones as thats what i want so i can see what they are like! haha

so i take it the beam angle issue has been solved if you are going to buy some of these jas?

Comment

They use the same system as our ellipsoids for the beam pattern. They have a shaped piece of plastic at the back of the ellipsoidal lens. They said it wouldn't be "too hard" to mod this so the cutoff was flipped. The ellipdoidal lamps don't use the glass headlamp lense to create the beam pattern as do non ellipdoidal lamps.
                                Of course it's easy enough for them to say that in an email, will see when they arrive.
                                2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

Working...
                                X