This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABY Wiring Harness Help/Identification

I'm getting ready to put the new engine in my Coupe, I'm trying to get all the wiring figured out before hand, I imagine it will be easier to identify and label things outside of the car then once they are in and on the other side of the firewall.

So here are pictures and i'm trying to figure out what they are for, what they connect to:

This runs separately through the firewall, I'm not sure what it is but on the interior side it just has an earth wire and a single plug that is brown and yellow.

looks like this whole cluster just runs to the fuse box. There might be more questions about this set later

The yellow appears to be a relay of some sort, not sure which it is for, but i think it just mounts next the rest of the relays under the drivers knee bolster, the black one looks like the set of 5 or so (all different colored) that are all next to the steering column behind the dash

This one I'm not sure about, it was a loner, it is brown and had the styrofoam covering it

I'm pretty sure I know these two, they are the longest of the bunch, the one i believe is the altitude sensor (and that is why i attached it to it), but where is the sensor normally mounted? in the a pillar? and the other plug I believe is for the Climate control/fan

Thanks for your help!

Good thread, will be useful for future convertions like mine

Can't offer any help though i'm afraid - I think someone like Spink would be able to help
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
      Can't offer any help though i'm afraid - I think someone like Spink would be able to help
      oh god,dont remind me.Doing the loom on my 90 today as it happens.I will start taking some pics of it as there doesn't seem to be much on the net as yet.
      Last edited by spink; 30 July 2009, 09:43.

Comment

Ok starting from the top and working down.

Picture 1: Looks to me like the outside temp display feed to the clocks.

Picture 2 : As stated is all to be fed to the fusebox.
        Grey/Green wire into position O on the fuseboard.
        Red wire with green plug into 30az I think

Picture 3 : Black plug plugs into dash loom just under the steering column (Not sure what the yellow plug is just at the min.)

Picture 4 : Looks like the feed to the aux gauges for oil pressure.

Picture 5 : Altitude sensor and I thought the other one was for an unused diagnostic plug.

Hope that helps a bit.
        Audi Nut!!!

Comment

Pic 5 - altitude sensor (still plugged in) and aux dials plug in your hand

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
            Pic 5 - altitude sensor (still plugged in) and aux dials plug in your hand
            Aux dials has a white plug.

On the wiring diagrams it's listed as "coding plug not used"
            Audi Nut!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tonks4x4 View Post
              Aux dials has a white plug.

On the wiring diagrams it's listed as "coding plug not used"
              Hmmm I've had a few with different colour plugs black and white, i'll have a look at the *yet another loom* in the back of my a4 in a bit and see what colour is on that.

Comment

Ive got a white plug o my 10V and a black one on my 3B for Aux dials, dont know how much help that is here but thought id mention it anyway, certainly the right shaped plug for that.
                Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

so in the ABY coupes, are the diagnostic plugs in the fuse box? In my coupe quattro they are in the drivers footwell...

Comment

In the coupe 10v/20v/3b they are normally in the footwell, aby afaik fusebox. They can be where you want them, whatevers easiest for you that lets you access them.

Comment

On an ABY coupe, where is the Altitude sensor mounted? does it matter?

Comment

Passenger side pillar, just above the earth point to the left of the glovebox.
                        91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                        93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                        94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

I have an ABY loom here that I laboriously cleaned and labelled all connectors if it helps here.
                          Paul Nugent
                          Webmaster http://S2central.net
                          Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                          2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                          2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

FOrtunately I have time on my hands tonite so thats a bonus... Some answers above seem OK - but not 100% on some of them... For the fusebox connections - you need to know how to navigate your way on the back of the fusebox... ensures you get the right locations to activate fuel pump and other little details. I have a spare fusebox here I can photo and assist if required.
                            Paul Nugent
                            Webmaster http://S2central.net
                            Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                            2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                            2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
                              I have an ABY loom here that I laboriously cleaned and labelled all connectors if it helps here.
                              YEAH! that would help VERY MUCH, I would love pictures of the whole thing with labels, of course if you have the time and desire, i know it would help me out, and from the looks of it, a few others.

Comment

Working...
                              X