C4 UrS Warning Buzzer Trivia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C4 UrS Warning Buzzer Trivia

For the UrS4s, Kate shows two warning buzzers on the central connector panel behind the driver's side knee brace. There is 443951307B "Buzzer" and 4A0919439 "gong and warning buzzer", both in relay position 8 (which can't be)(Note: 4A0919439 is an old Audi 100/200 and 80/90 PN but in the C4 diagram below it says it is for "KSA" = Kinddom of Saudi Arabia and ROK = Republic of Korea):

I know at least the 92 spec UrS4 instrument cluster with the trip computer has the 443951307B located on the right end of the instrument cluster, as shown here:

I got curious about the relay position No.8 on my non-92 spec (no trip computer) 93 UrS4 and discovered that it is totally empty:

On this basis, I assume (guess) that the UrS4s all have their warning buzzers clipped to the back of the their instrument clusters. Anyone with a 94 (or 93) UrS4 that can confirm this?

The UrS6 warning chime/buzzer is not a separate part. It is an integral part of the cluster, soldered onto the printed circuit board, as shown here (the round black item with the perforations and the rainbox ribbon connector):

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant
Working...
X