Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electronic Throttle conversion - Advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronic Throttle conversion - Advice?

Hi All,

Is it possible to convert the S2 to electronic throttle and get rid of the cable - i know some of my friends have done it their cars, but just wondered what experiences you have had and what parts you have used.
    Any advice would be great. I will be running a MaxxRace ECU that will be compatable

Thanks!

Pretty easy with aftermarket engine management, just bin the cable throttle and fit an e-throttle using an adapter. Maxx has a configuration for using a VAG e-throttle but they are not hard to set up. You can also bin the ISV and use the e-throttle for idle air control.

I have an RS3 throttle on mine with the modular alloy elbow and the option to run the e-bypass valve. It also has a built in IAT/ charge pressure sensor. Mounted to the Wagner inlet using a custom adapter tube I made.

I think you will struggle for space trying to mount an e-throttle to the OE S2 intake manifold.

HTH
    Alex
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
      Pretty easy with aftermarket engine management, just bin the cable throttle and fit an e-throttle using an adapter. Maxx has a configuration for using a VAG e-throttle but they are not hard to set up. You can also bin the ISV and use the e-throttle for idle air control.

I have an RS3 throttle on mine with the modular alloy elbow and the option to run the e-bypass valve. It also has a built in IAT/ charge pressure sensor. Mounted to the Wagner inlet using a custom adapter tube I made.

I think you will struggle for space trying to mount an e-throttle to the OE S2 intake manifold.

HTH
      Alex
      Thanks Alex, sounds intresting yeah i have heard of people use Polo and golf throttle..
      when you get a minute could you post a picture of your setup - i have a Wagner inlet also so this may be an option for me. How is the pedal end configured also?

Cheers
      Rich

Comment

I'm running e-throttle 1.8T in my 80 using TDI pedalbox and pedal position sensor from A8 D2 facelift petrol. P&P fitment.

Comment

Yes I have a TDi pedal box with a Seat throttle potentiometer - plug n play. There are some pics of this in my project thread Rich
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

RFS performance in Norway makes adapters for the 2.7 biturbo e-throttle housing to adapt on OE s2 intake manifold

Comment

Thanks guys !

Comment

Sounds interresting. There should be put Up some links

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                  Yes I have a TDi pedal box with a Seat throttle potentiometer - plug n play. There are some pics of this in my project thread Rich
                  Can you supply the part number for the parts and some pics, please?

Comment

bringing this up - I need a part number for the correct pedal position sensor to put into a tdi pedal box

thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X