I currently have the option of running any of these combo's

Inlet

NM
    7A

Exhaust

ABY
    RS2
    NM

I currently have installed the NM's all round but wondering if NM inlet and RS2 exhaust would be a better combo?

you ******

I feel this is directed at me
    Chef

Comment

Well you know..........

You have set an impossible target got pick my battles well

Comment

depends if you have adjustable wheels or not.

id say a set of aby or adu with standard timing wheels.

id say 7a with timing wheels and maybe 2 exhaust cams (7a) maybe the holy grail of standard cams. im going from my knowlegde of 16vt have and what can be had. in principle the same and is about lift and overlap as you know.

not sure what headwork you have jamo?
        if you find some adjustable timing gear thats easy to buy let me know. im gonna do some testing of overlap this in summer.

what i can say is not 7a ex and aby inlet as they are. top end is great 5k plus. rest is a lot worse than aby.

Comment

7A are not the holy grail my NM cams are

Comment

Yeah, NMs for a mild tune, 7A for a higher tune. Running adjustable cam wheel and a versier would be best. Another option would be the old golf trick and run a & 7A or RS2 exhaust on the inlet.
            Cheers'en, AndyC
            1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Errr...... watch this space
              I'm getting a set of fully adjustable cams. Special delivery from Finland!
              What would I do without Jyrki.... except have some money?
              Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
              20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

I do know that a dual 7A cam with a stroker and GT30 goes like hell, see http://www.motorgeek.com/phpBB2/view...+coupe&start=0

Javad: "this thing is neck snapping from 3800 to 7600rpm thanks the the stroker bottom end and the oversize 034 valves in the head, its torquey and powerful up top, the ultimate I5 track motor IMO."

But if I were you I would try the NMs first.
                Last edited by Bram; 18 February 2009, 18:31.

Comment

I do own an audi 90 2.0 20V 160hp NM motor (the car did'nt moved for almost a year). My question is: Could i use both cams for my 3b s2 ? my aim its a mild tuned engine (350-400 hp)...

Comment

I won't use 7A cams adds 500 rpm to spool, I'm not a fan at all of the 7A exhaust cam. RS2 or Stock cam is far better for the I5 turbo/

Compare Christians car to Aronmatics stroker dyno, his hit full boost at 3500 instead of 4000 rpm

Comment

I am happy with my ADUs early boost and a straight rush up the revvs

Comment

I'm sure this has been asked 1001 times. How do RS2 cams with the wheel fare on a k24?

I've got a 7A inlet to fit, going for some NA style tuning after seeing that's what Catcams do for their lower end turbo cams. Worked well on a BM and VW I've seen / built.
                        Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Originally posted by Andy_Casey View Post
                          I'm sure this has been asked 1001 times. How do RS2 cams with the wheel fare on a k24?

I've got a 7A inlet to fit, going for some NA style tuning after seeing that's what Catcams do for their lower end turbo cams. Worked well on a BM and VW I've seen / built.
                          I can not tell you, since I only installed the ADU cams when I installed my earlier RS2 turbo. Sorry

Comment

I've currently got the following pairs of cams in my possesion.

7A
                            AAN
                            RS2 (intake same as AAN)

When I've got the last of the generic chips to test for my comparison of 4 and finish the comparison write up I'll start playing with some cam configurations. Also be interesting to get the info on the NM cams with regards to lift and duration as that will give an indication whether it's worth getting hold of a set to test those too in the varying combinations.
                            UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

All the info is on here if you search for it a bit...
                              Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Working...
                              X