sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Than you do it once is over,write!???
      I'm not sure i'm gonna like the result,that;s why i'm asking you
      I'll do it in the end and we'll see it
      10x!

Comment

im am maybe going to do this on my rs2, is the glass glued or is it just connected withe these clips? anything that i should think of more?

One thing i've learned we are way behind the Scandinavians!

Comment

Originally posted by lind4hl View Post
          im am maybe going to do this on my rs2, is the glass glued or is it just connected withe these clips? anything that i should think of more?
          It is just clipped on with around 6-8 metal clips just take your time removing them then the glass just either pops off or prises off depending how long/stuck it is.

Easy to do as I did it recently with a set I had spare to clean the glass.

Comment

okej nice, maybe i will do it then cheers!

One thing i've learned we are way behind the Scandinavians!

Comment

im expecting some extra chrome mirrors for mine,and i may be doing it myself.I have a question though.Is it better to use spray or paint with brush?
              I have black gloss spray and im trying to figure out how to cover the reflector part .i had seen somewhere that they used some kind of vaseline or grease that would be able to clean thereafter without doing anything to the chrome itself.
              any photos of that?

Comment

Probably easier to use a brush as trying to put stuff on to certain sections will result it when you remove it, it removes the chrome effect as well.

Comment

hmm i thought of that...off to get brushes and black paint then..

Comment

temp resistant
                    Audi Quattro WR

Comment

hmm temp resistant doesnt come on gloss...only mat.No problem anyway

Comment

Here are mine! i did them today,took about 1hour.
                        I used some gloss black heat resistant paint and brushes,all from fleabay.I can say im very pleased by the result.I tried to do it as perfect as possible,taking off all chrome before painting with alcohol,and doing a bit of rubbing of the plastic.
                        The paint was very thick though so it would stay on anyway.
                        Good thing the glass is not clear otherwise the small rough spots would be noticed! overall though yeah!

Comment

Comment

Looks good!

It quite sutes the RS2, i have my HID'd blacked out lights on the RS2 atm, quite like the look
                            91 S2 coupé - RIP
                            98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

yes,im amazed! i like them so much i will probably be keeping them.I have a friend who sent me the chrome mirrors as a backup,but these are definitelly staying!

Comment

What do people think of the black Ellipsoid lights? I have a spare set of Ellipsoid lights, but I dont know whether to do it, incase I will regret it. I guess its no going back once the black paint is on?

Comment

Working...
                                X