Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AndyP
    replied
    I've both a metal and glass sunroof fitted in mine using the same headliner and didn't notice any difference.

Leave a comment:

• gmac78
    replied
    Just as expected, hehe. Ok cool, PM to follow.

Leave a comment:

• Duffy3074
    replied
    Beige and saggy!

Leave a comment:

• gmac78
    replied
    Alright mate, thanks for joining the conversation. Ok cool that's good to know, I actually purchased a metal sunroof assembly today but wasn't aware until today that the head lining is different. Typical eh. But yeh I could be interested in the headlining alright

Is it the lovely beige colour? as looking to keep the same colour scheme. However since it would be coming out, I guess it would be a good time to retrim it. I'm sure it's sagging is it?

Thanks
    Gordon

Leave a comment:

• Duffy3074
    replied
    Hi

I’m a regular on classic Audi and was browsing here when I saw this
    I’ve got a Coupe with a metal sunroof in it that’s got the correct roof lining in it that’s not required by me.
    I’m in Fife if that’s useful to you

Leave a comment:

• rynaqui
    replied
    I believe you do in fact need a different headlining and sunroof headlining for metal roof besides the cartridge, this was one of the things which put me off the change.

Leave a comment:

• gmac78
    replied
    Ah right, i hadn't even considered that actually. Good point sir!

Can anyone else remember if this was required? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• newsh
    replied
    I seem to remember I had to find a different headlining when I changed from glass to metal roof.

Leave a comment:

• gmac78
    replied
    Super, cheers Andy.

Leave a comment:

• AndyP
    replied
    Originally posted by gmac78 View Post
    I have sourced a complete metal sunroof assembly but if anyone has a glass one in good nick I could still be interested in buying that too. Need to get the car out of the car as soon as possible, ever so close to my B5 S4 KO4 conversion.
    I'll have a good look at mine tomorrow and let you know.

Leave a comment:

• gmac78
    replied
    I have sourced a complete metal sunroof assembly but if anyone has a glass one in good nick I could still be interested in buying that too. Need to get the car out of the car as soon as possible, ever so close to my B5 S4 KO4 conversion.

Leave a comment:

• gmac78
    replied
    My sunroof in all it's glory!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

Leave a comment:

• newsh
    replied
    Originally posted by AndyP
    Does anybody have any pics of where the glass sunroof cartridges rot? I have one I want to sell and I need to see if it's rust free or not.
    The glass carrier rots away and the glass separates from the part it’s bonded to.

Leave a comment:

• gmac78
    replied
    Ah right, i think my cartridge is ok, just the sunroof itself that's too far gone to repair. Less hassle just changing over to a metal one. The metal sunroofs from tradition, do they come with the sunroof panel and cartridge?

Leave a comment:

• AndyP
    replied
    Originally posted by gmac78 View Post
    Hi Andy.

Is it the sunroof itself or cartridge? As i have pics of my sunroof with is completely goosed.
    It's a complete cartridge, it needs work, but I've not seen any rust on it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X