No announcement yet.

Headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I've first hand experience of their communcations or lack thereof, I share your concerns on pricing too.
    I wish you the best of luck with your enquiries. It would be great to have complete units readily available again.
    Spare parts would make it possible refurbish old lamps of course. Glass lenses, housings, reflectors and seals would be the main requirements I think.
    Reproducing component parts would be easier and cheaper too of course.

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
      Just a quick update on this. I had no reply but managed to speak to a helpful guy in their sales/tech team today. He confirmed zero stock of the full headlamp unit or the replacement glass. However i resent him the email i had written in April and he is going to have a word with the team in Germany to see what options there are open to us. He knows the cars and we had a good chat and i told him no lights is taking them off the road!

Also, i have reached out direct to Diederichs who were the only other manufacturer of the units to see if they can assist or locate any stock too.

For both, i have requested technical drawings/specs, anything basically to see if we could approach a glass manufacturer and batch us some directly.

finally i have reached out to an automotive heritage headlamp maker to see if they would be interested in helping us too.

Not massively hopeful but lets see, we need to try and i think there is mileage in a small/medium sized run here, if only we can get someone with the details.
      ****ing hell! This is getting serious now, how the hell are you supposed to repair one of our cars after a minor bump that takes out a light.... I can see Porsche ownership in my future at this rate!

Fair play for pursuing this though David and good luck!
      The Perfectionist
      sigpic
      Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Had a reply from the product manager in Germany and they are officially unavailable and once the parts are officially deleted as they are then is no way back. Helpfully the U.K. contact has given me another route to progress this down with their central technical support team to see if we can obtain documentation and specs. Let’s see if that is a blind alleyway or not...but it is not looking promising.
        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Admiring your efforts, hopefully there's a company who can oblige .

Comment

Originally posted by John. View Post
            Admiring your efforts, hopefully there's a company who can oblige .
            Its what you do when when you really need something...and know there is a group of folks in a similar position.

on a separate note, does anyone have an old, tatty lens cover they would offer up for some science? I am already off on another route but need one to use.
            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post

Its what you do when when you really need something...and know there is a group of folks in a similar position.

on a separate note, does anyone have an old, tatty lens cover they would offer up for some science? I am already off on another route but need one to use.
              I have a cracked right side lense that I can send you (I'm in US). I have a left side good condition lense too that I'd prefer to not remove from the lamp but I can. Any updates on this? Thanks for your research! I need replacement lenses and can't find them on Audi Tradition.

Comment

Thanks but the company i approached never replied. Seems to be a pattern which is really frustrating.
                sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Working...
                X