RS2 grill questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 grill questions.

I've done some searching but I didn't find anything conclusive, + I suck at searching forums

I'm wondering if there is a fix for this yet, the mounting of the RS2 grill that is.
    Or do I have to be inventive with this one, and like glue it on or something?

How do you peeps mount it?

My S2 will have a respray in a couple of weeks and I really want a RS2 grill mounted when it's done, but no point in buying one if it's impossible to mount.
    Audi S2 -1994 | 480 Hp 650 Nm | FlexFuel | MaxxECU | 3" Stainless | Porsche GT3 Front Brakes
    http://www.garaget.org/?car=52877

I think if you buy a new one it comes with clips, but dont quote me on that!

Otherwsie, dont think there is a solution that i can remember reading....
    Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

I'm sorry to say it does not, as you must buy each item one by one and piece it together yourself, which leaves me without those retaining clips
      Audi S2 -1994 | 480 Hp 650 Nm | FlexFuel | MaxxECU | 3" Stainless | Porsche GT3 Front Brakes

Comment

retaining clips can be bought from vagparts or any audi dealers,they are total of 7 clips and they are not cheap.at some point i had found the part numbers for them but now etka 7 doesnt seem to carry them anymore...

Comment

I thought they had gone NLA (wouldnt be the first time im wrong though lol)
          Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

They dont sell/have the clips anymore, btdt
            Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Yeah, as said above they are NLA.
              Part numbers however is 8A0 853 645A & 8A0 853 646A, and they exist in ETKA7.

So there is no real solution in this matter?
              Has anybody made some custom brackets that I can have a look at?

Comment

same as mentioned above, NLA. Sonic managed to fit his with some cable ties iirc?

Comment

Cable ties is the best solution these days.
                  RS2+ (now sold...)

Comment

oh i didnt know that...let me see if i can source something up from greece.last time i asked they said they were available.Lloyd and audi90rs2 had acquired some clips from me so i will try to get a friend of mine to ask what is available and at what quantities.I will keep you posted!

Next best thing is cable ties i suppose.I used cable ties for the RS4 grill on the bumper and then the original ones for the radiator grill which came from canada.But i think cable ties will do the job
                    Last edited by A80Avant; 23 May 2008, 12:02.

Comment

just verified unfortunatelly that the clips are no longer available for ordering in Greece.

Comment

Originally posted by PapVas View Post
                        just verified unfortunatelly that the clips are no longer available for ordering in Greece.
                        Thank you for your effort, much appreciated.

Will use cable ties then, as it obviously works for a few people.
                        Thanks guys & gals.

Comment

i can now supply new clips if anyone wants them to order only
                          Quattro Corner Audi OEM Parts

Comment

Yeeha!
                            RS2+ (now sold...)

Comment

Working...
                            X