X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newsh
    replied
    Was looking at mine again today, things have improved since all the missing rivets were replaced but there's still some getting in and after reading this I had another look at the seal, the lower section down the A pillar is actually swolen with rust so the seal doesn't grip the metal any more.

Leave a comment:

• s2driveruk
    replied
    after sponging out another inch of tidal flow in the S2 yesterday, I am also forming a queue on this one. I need to get this solved as, its killing my interest in the car at the mo Head lining is soaked on the drivers side rear 1/4. Could be adverse condensation due to the amount of snow and the fact the car hasnt moved since September but could also I guess be the sunroof drains not being fee. But how to reach the rear ones?

Cheers
    David

P.S. Thanks for the thread Paul, nice to see someone finally sort it out.

Leave a comment:

• s2carlo
    replied
    Originally posted by Rusty View Post
    I just fiddled with my black triangle and moved it 5mm or so. Now that the carpet is out I had the regulation coupe tidal feature in the passenger side foot well. Will do the driver's side some time soon. I am also missing rivets and had a few bits on the A pillar trims that weren't right. Bloody window fitters, do your job right!

When moving the triangle you can go too far and create a gap at the top of the window, I angle mine towards the car so that it has pressure on it and should seal better.

I've got a spare set of black triangles to fiddle with, I've come up with the idea of running a bead of black sealant down the top edge to create a positive seal rather than a flat seal that wicks water.
    I too have the same problem.
    I want to perform this action but I have some trouble understanding where to underfill the seal.
    Can the location be explained further, possibly with other pictures

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• PiterS2
    replied
    Hey.

I really can not see what you have done to hold the water away on your pictures. I still got the same problem at my Audi.

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    I've heard of strawberry blonde and auburn but never rouge... just another way for a ginger person to deceive themselves into thinking they're normal...

Anyway, I get to find out again today if my car is at least sealed against the least penetrating of Mother Nature's precipitation - snow

Leave a comment:

• Nuvo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• S2central.net
    replied
    oh dear oh dear - could we be any further off topic... my fault though. Slap

Leave a comment:

• newsh
    replied
    Originally posted by Nuvo View Post
    "Warning, this program may contain explicit images of rouge triangles."

Wasn't the red triangle a content warning system adopted by Channel 4 when it first aired?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh8rvvJ2EsE

Leave a comment:

• Nuvo
    replied
    "Warning, this program may contain explicit images of rouge triangles."

Wasn't the red triangle a content warning system adopted by Channel 4 when it first aired?

Leave a comment:

• Error404
    replied
    That'd be a rouge triangle

Leave a comment:

• S2central.net
    replied
    Originally posted by Rusty View Post
    I just fiddled with my black triangle...
    Enough of your personal life

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    I just fiddled with my black triangle and moved it 5mm or so. Now that the carpet is out I had the regulation coupe tidal feature in the passenger side foot well. Will do the driver's side some time soon. I am also missing rivets and had a few bits on the A pillar trims that weren't right. Bloody window fitters, do your job right!

When moving the triangle you can go too far and create a gap at the top of the window, I angle mine towards the car so that it has pressure on it and should seal better.

I've got a spare set of black triangles to fiddle with, I've come up with the idea of running a bead of black sealant down the top edge to create a positive seal rather than a flat seal that wicks water.

Leave a comment:

• S2central.net
    replied
    I feel the door triangles are the root cause here, but a wedgie in the door seal works a charm.

Leave a comment:

• LHD_Kid
    replied
    Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
    I've binned the old door seal (or is it still in a black bag ?????)

Anyway - I just cut out a section from the old one from section at top of door post - where it meets the triangle on the door. I just inserted by hand to give me an idea how far it would go then trimmed it carefully based on that.

You don't even need to sacrifice a door seal of course - cutting a section of say thin neoprene foam from an old wetsuit - or some of that black foam you an get as wooden floor underlay would be fine... its about 3mm thick maybe.

I will have to buy new triangle trims for the drivers door of course - but this seal shim is a quick n cheap fix for that area. I had other issues of course that I then made worse with sealant in the wrong places - strange but true.

Good work Paul...!

I suspect all us coupe owners will need new triangles...

Actually, on mine there are the rubber bits fitted on the door which are really in poor shape....

I will be out there again tomorrow, fiddling with my rubbers

Leave a comment:

• S2central.net
    replied
    I've binned the old door seal (or is it still in a black bag ?????)

Anyway - I just cut out a section from the old one from section at top of door post - where it meets the triangle on the door. I just inserted by hand to give me an idea how far it would go then trimmed it carefully based on that.

You don't even need to sacrifice a door seal of course - cutting a section of say thin neoprene foam from an old wetsuit - or some of that black foam you an get as wooden floor underlay would be fine... its about 3mm thick maybe.

I will have to buy new triangle trims for the drivers door of course - but this seal shim is a quick n cheap fix for that area. I had other issues of course that I then made worse with sealant in the wrong places - strange but true.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X