X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• johne
    replied
    Originally posted by crysty7 View Post
    my car is Audi 80 B4 1994 Competition with manual A/C .

Audi A4 B5 1995-1996 component is best solution for climatronic swap ?

I found on local scrap yard one Audi A4 B5 1999 with climatronic ,but remain same problem about HVAC flap recirculation for mine .
    Possible combination : 1999 A/C climate housting + 1995-1996 climate control 8D0820043H + HVAC from existent Adi 80 B4 ?
    That's a good combination as the 8D0820043H can control the recirc flap on your HVAC from the B4.

John

Leave a comment:

• crysty7
    replied
    my car is Audi 80 B4 1994 Competition with manual A/C .

Audi A4 B5 1995-1996 component is best solution for climatronic swap ?

I found on local scrap yard one Audi A4 B5 1999 with climatronic ,but remain same problem about HVAC flap recirculation for mine .
    Possible combination : 1999 A/C climate housting + 1995-1996 climate control 8D0820043H + HVAC from existent Adi 80 B4 ?

Leave a comment:

• Error404
    replied
    Its really easy if you are LHD. Find a donor car and take what you need

Leave a comment:

• crysty7
    replied
    Please seed...your experience (part number component and some final schematics)

Leave a comment:

• rj scotty
    replied
    1996 ccu with 1999 screen. Left coding alone as my vagcom won't talk to ccu's.

@jamo. I rekon if you had all the parts required this could be done in 2 days.

cheers

rich

Leave a comment:

• Jamo
    replied
    Originally posted by rj scotty View Post
    Complete

Many thanks to everybody who helped along the way !

Got loads of pictures and tips if anybody else is going to have a go.

Gimme the pics, and i'll be on the phone to you to pay a visit to have a look

Leave a comment:

• Nuvo
    replied
    Well done. Did you source a 1996 CCU for vac controlled recirc in the end then?

Did you figure out how to code the CCU for RHD 5 cyl application or did you leave it as is?
    Last edited by Nuvo; 25 September 2010, 21:07.

Leave a comment:

• rj scotty
    replied
    Complete

Many thanks to everybody who helped along the way !

Got loads of pictures and tips if anybody else is going to have a go.

Leave a comment:

• rj scotty
    replied
    The solution for the cabin temp sensor:

In my case there was some sort of warning light on the dash that was to do with the tow bar wiring. I removed the warning light and used the redundant hole. Ill find a some sort of grill for this in time.

just the final bits to sort out the weekend and she be back on the road.

Leave a comment:

• rj scotty
    replied
    Home straight !

Working Climate in right hand drive avant

Leave a comment:

• S2central.net
    replied
    Just to follow up on a technical point made earlier in the thread... I was under mine today for a few minutes to try this.

Mine is manual aircon on the S2 and I wanted to check the logic for fan control. Sure enough, when A/C is turned on a signal is sent to ECU which in turn activates the afterrun pump relay (Aux 14) which in turn activates the lowest radiator fan speed relay (main #3). If you pull the afterrun relay then the rad-fan doesn't start when A/C is switched on.

I also discovered that when A/C is turned on, the cabin fan blows at lowest speed even if the knob is set to off - this ensures a certain amount of heat transfer across the evaporator. Fan blows harder when you turn the speed up of course. This is controlled by main relay #6 on the manual system.

Leave a comment:

• rj scotty
    replied
    Progress

Thanks to Ben, mounting frame and face plate all fitted

Some simple trimming of the plastic required to get this to work.

Just awaiting the delivery of an earlier CCU now and the dash board can go back in.

Watch this space

cheers

rich

Leave a comment:

• rj scotty
    replied
    A little progress:

Got the outside temp and and sunlight sensors fitted

99% certain of have the wiring right now

cheers

rich

Leave a comment:

• Jamo
    replied
    I can't pick up the loom until friday but can send it out next monday ( warning it's not fully stripped yet so it's all wires everywhere )

It's from a MY96 car and an older CCU than rjscotty

PM me the details for sending it out and I can arrange it

Leave a comment:

• S2central.net
    replied
    I could get it back to you next week if that works... I want to do it sooner rather than later, whilst I have all this shyte fresh in my head... don't want to have to learn it all again in 3 months time - LOL

Leave a comment:

Working...
X