No announcement yet.

How to remove the Air Con System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which is very insignificant, you may aswell run about with £5 of fuel in the tank all the time

unless you take the mirrors off, change the wheels/tyres, tape up any gaps arround lights/pannels, strip the interior, run with no fuel all of the time you are not going to be bothered by the luxury over fuel advantage or loss

simple as that

keep it and just keep engaging/disengaging the syetem when you need to a 5 second run of compressor will give a 2-5min cold burst in the system
    1993 URS4 Avant Emerald Green 350+bhp
    1991 Ford Sierra Sapphire 4x4 in Magenta
    BoooOOOSSSSSTTTT BANG BANG CHIRP CHIRP

Comment

Any chance of getting the pictures resurrected in the post

Comment

I do still have the pictures, but i can't work out how to place them within the text... and I would struggle to put them in the same order now anyway

I will just try to attach the pictures and hopfully you can piece it together ​​​​​​​
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 11 photos.

Comment

HTH.. can't believe I was doing this back in 2011... where the time has gone... (still got the car though )
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 14 photos.

Comment

Helpful for me as well. I will probably go non air con as most of the bits are missing!
            Nothelle S2 Avant
            Black Ur project
            Ocianic Ur project gone
            S2 Coupe project gone
            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by twenty valve View Post
                I do still have the pictures, but i can't work out how to place them within the text... and I would struggle to put them in the same order now anyway

I will just try to attach the pictures and hopfully you can piece it together ​​​​​​​
                Thanks!

Comment

How about someone who has a later gen car (or USDM coupe Quattro) that wants to go from the complicated digital HVAC system to the manual controlled AC/Heat unit?

The right dash panel is 893-819-045C - but I am trying to figure out how to get that to connect electronically to the blower motor / AC fan / AC clutch / then I presume you have to have the pressure sensors also wired in for safety?

Anyone done this? Drastically simplifies our aging electronics system, but keeps AC

Comment

Working...
                  X