Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Con Expert Required - New Pipe/Fittings Neede

Hi

I've posted my Air Con issues in a number of threads over the last couple of weeks but hopefully this one will make the issue a bit clearer, I'd be very grateful if someone could help. This is for the RS2.

I need to get a new pipe made up that runs from the compressor to the condenser but I'm having problems with the end fittings (i.e. nuts to fit the threads at each end). The pipe itself should be no problem, I'll get a Goodridge for that.

I have a new compressor (Valeo) with a thread size of:

M24 x 1.5

This seems fine and I can get a nut/fitting for the pipe that will attach this tightly.

The problem I have is the condenser end. My new condenser (bought from Autokool in Chesterfield) has been measured by my mechanic to have a thread size of:

M22 x 1.75

Unfortunately I can't find anywhere that can supply a nut/fitting for this size of thread. I've emailed Autokool's technical service but no response yet.

So either the condenser thread has been measured wrong or I'm screwed??

Do I bite the bullet and order ANOTHER condenser that I know I can get the fitting for? If so can anyone recommend a reliable supplier for this?

Help!!
Working...
X