• Show
Clear All

• DeS
    replied
    Group buy?

Leave a comment:

• URS4 Avant
    replied
    hmmm better grab one, even though the shipping is close to the manifold price for me still a good deal... Good old New Zealand!

Leave a comment:

• DeS
    replied
    Now 50% off the regular price:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fits-1990-1996-Audi-S2-B4-20V-Iron-Cast-Turbo-Exhaust-Manifold-High-Performance/371784657661?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid =p2060353.m1438.l2649

Leave a comment:

• 5cylinderman
    replied
    I've just ordered the same manifold from the US. I don't mind spending a few hours with my Dremel in hand. Diesel Des did the same thing a while back.
    Although not on my immediate-job list, I worry they might be out of production in the near future so I'd rather have one in stock.

Leave a comment:

• vag_noob
    replied
    Thanks!

Got me this one from the states, less than $200 shipped to NZ. Just wish they were this price 6 months ago when I had the head off.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fits-1990-1...e/371784657661

Leave a comment:

• david1980
    replied
    Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
    The one I've just taken a punt on from the states is a much better casting and viewed from above looks totally stock being that it's just a blatant RS2 EM rip off, however all the holes are in the correct locations and as I've said the quality of the casting is considerably better internally than the Wagner Copy's all of which require extensive work to clean the runners and in particular the collector as well as sort out the bolt holes.
    Thanks for posting the link I did end up getting one from the states and its not bad. Was surprised to see a gasget included with the package as well.

Leave a comment:

• Morris400
    replied
    Gmac- I replied to your PM.

Leave a comment:

• gmac78
    replied
    Hi Morris, cheers for the info, seems like these chips are more aggressive than the one's I'm running. I'll PM you with more questions. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Morris400
    replied
    Originally posted by gmac78 View Post
    Hi Morris. Off topic with this question but wondering what chipset your running for the Volvo 7400. I'm always on the hunt for another set of chips to try as the one's i have I feel are perhaps conservative, and looking for something more aggressive to try.

What kind of boost to you run?

I get max boost in 5th (3B) which is roughly 1.55bar at say 2800rpm, it only blips to this pressure and then settles at around 1.4 bar until much further up the rev range.

I could do with taking some videos to show boost pressure for each gear to compare against others. Not too many people running the 7400 over this neck of the woods though.

Cheers
    Gordon
    Hey man,

I was running VEMS but changed to a stock Motronic ECU tuned by EFIExpress out of the U.S.A. my max boost is set to 28 psi on over boost and taper to 25 psi, then 19psi by 7000. There are more then a few people over here running this set up. Really happy with it.

Leave a comment:

• K Simmonds
    replied
    Originally posted by mac2226 View Post
    If I was you kit I would go with Wagner copy rather than rs2 copy or sport quattro copy the casting is not as good all best Michael
    I have a couple of the Wagner Copy's in stock in both K26 and T3/4 flange purchased this year for around £50 each, the holes for the turbocharger mounting studs are terribly off the mark on these purchases which is going to require considerable effort to correct, where as the first one I took a gamble on a couple of years back didn't suffer from this issue though the casting has been consistently rough on them all, though this can be corrected without too much bother. I never saw a Sport quattro copy listed otherwise I'd have grabbed one of them as well.

The one I've just taken a punt on from the states is a much better casting and viewed from above looks totally stock being that it's just a blatant RS2 EM rip off, however all the holes are in the correct locations and as I've said the quality of the casting is considerably better internally than the Wagner Copy's all of which require extensive work to clean the runners and in particular the collector as well as sort out the bolt holes.

You might quite rightly ask why I have so many manifolds, my thinking was I'd like to have options of flange so that requires at least one of each, also I can sell off the ones I've cleaned up and corrected for a small profit to members who don't have the tools to make the corrections themselves.

However it's looking like I may just keep the one from the states as a spare for my RS2 should I ever require it as I've decided to commit heresy and use a 1.8T motor in my Saloon project as it's much more straight forward to install, still a very tune-able engine and parts are more readily available. It also fits without having to mess about welding in engine mounts is much lighter and more compact so I'll have more space for an intercooler etc without having to change the external appearance at all. Though I'm very tempted to build up the 3B engine I have all the parts for and install that in my C4 Avant, effectively making a 3B URS4 Avant as I'd love a URS car and I've missed the boat on purchasing a decent used example.
    Last edited by K Simmonds; 19 May 2019, 23:56.

Leave a comment:

• david1980
    replied
    Originally posted by mac2226 View Post

Hi David there on eBay but some strange reason people are asking ridiculous money for them now Germany want £275 in Birmingham there’s two one at £690 or more. I paid £89.99 plus £15 postage for mine 4 years ago it took half a day to do everything this was on a ramp of course basically the casting inside needs tidying up first that took about 2 hours with ball stone then 2 holes needed enlarging for manifold studs x2 also shortening I think little? Besides that everything fitted perfect and my custom 3” dp fitted straight on as it was similar to oem fitment same goes for oil/water feed return lines.
    I've seen the 690 quid birmingham one, that is because they don't have stock anymore so they put the price up high to deter people from buying it.

I'm yet to see a sport quattro version

Leave a comment:

• mac2226
    replied
    Originally posted by david1980 View Post

Do you have links to either of these? The only other rep I have seen is what Kit posted quite a while ago and the company is currently out of stock.
    Hi David there on eBay but some strange reason people are asking ridiculous money for them now Germany want £275 in Birmingham there’s two one at £690 or more. I paid £89.99 plus £15 postage for mine 4 years ago it took half a day to do everything this was on a ramp of course basically the casting inside needs tidying up first that took about 2 hours with ball stone then 2 holes needed enlarging for manifold studs x2 also shortening I think little? Besides that everything fitted perfect and my custom 3” dp fitted straight on as it was similar to oem fitment same goes for oil/water feed return lines.

Leave a comment:

• s2driveruk
    replied
    Odd question but does this change the exhaust note too? Just curious

Leave a comment:

• gmac78
    replied
    Hi Morris. Off topic with this question but wondering what chipset your running for the Volvo 7400. I'm always on the hunt for another set of chips to try as the one's i have I feel are perhaps conservative, and looking for something more aggressive to try.

What kind of boost to you run?

I get max boost in 5th (3B) which is roughly 1.55bar at say 2800rpm, it only blips to this pressure and then settles at around 1.4 bar until much further up the rev range.

I could do with taking some videos to show boost pressure for each gear to compare against others. Not too many people running the 7400 over this neck of the woods though.

Cheers
    Gordon
    Last edited by gmac78; 18 May 2019, 13:01.

Leave a comment:

• Morris400
    replied
    I'm using a Ebay copy on my S4 with K24 7400. Its really nice actually. I recomend it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X