Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IM and EM options... need help, or need Hacke.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IM and EM options... need help, or need Hacke.

Hi,
    I'm new to this forum, but certainly not Audis. I'm currently helping a "next generation" young enthusiast build his first Audi. He's working with a nice and relatively clean 1990 Coupe with a 7a in it. Due to cost, he's going to stick with older technology... so I'm putting together a nice AAN for him. It's been many years since I've had to find parts for these engines... but the last time I needed a header, I got one from a guy named Hacke from Sweden. He built the header using mild steel "weld els" and then I had it ceramic coated by Swaintech. Hacke's work was exceptional, and that header has turned out to be the most reliable and durable header I've ever owned... and I have quite a few cars. It is now over 20 years (and 200k miles) since I first put Hacke's header on my '93 UrS4, and it is still in use today... putting out a bit over 440whp, and used exclusively on the street. I can't say that about ANY other I've ever owned. The attached pictures are of that original Hacke header from way back in 2001!

Bottom line, I'm looking for both intake and exhaust manifold options for the AAN in the small chassis. Finding a header is my highest priority right now. I do not want to use a cast iron manifold... RS2 or SQ is not of interest. If anyone could point me to either a supplier or a member who fabricates them, I'd be very grateful. Better yet, IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO CONTACT HACKE, that would be fantastic.

Thanks,
    Dave
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.
Working...
X