Absent 90 window trip peace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absent 90 window trip peace?

Hey folks, so Ive gotten my hand on some 100 electric seats, however Ive ran into issue of fitting memory selector switch into 90's trim.

Missing peace is 7D. In etka it's completely absent, what I currently have is 893867171G which is closest code I have, but it's equvalent to 7B in etka.
    However here is the funny bit, in official 90Q marketing video the plate exists @16:15 :

Really odd, the promo video is only place where I've seen the trim peace, would be thank full for any info or lead to this (that is if it even exists).

893 867 171 J is 7D
    Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

Checked 893 867 171 J , yep it's correct one however can't find anyone selling it, audi tradition doesn't have these ether, code exists but that doesn't confirm existance of actual part.

Uppon further digging I did found panel for it : 441 959 521 B that should fit in B4 doorcards, the same one is apparently used in audi 200/V8, witch means I will have to swap doorcards to B4 ones. However I'm still wondering if original b3 switch plate exists or will I have to mod and make my own out of molding sculp and epoxy or something to make it period correct.

>441959521B
      s-l400.jpg

Here's printing on the plastic mold itself refferencing code with J extension

IMG_8463-Interruptor-de-elevalunas-Audi-100-A6-C4-VW-Golf-3893959855-893-959-855-893867171G-893-867-171-G-893867171H-893867171J-893959565-893-959-565.jpg
      Last edited by RDs; 30 March 2020, 15:48.

Comment

C3 panel will not fit, it's way too long.
        But there's this - came in some B3 coupes:

895959527F 01C
        8.69e @ tradition, but has its own door handle as this panel is slightly longer than windows only version.

Comment

Thanks for the info!
          If I understand correctly does this mean that if I get b4 sedan doorcards then I must integrate specific b4 doorhandle aswell? As far as I know coupe door handles are longer than sedan ones.

Comment

Handles are the same on all body styles. There's 3 types - plastic, soft and soft for panels with memory buttons. I'm trying to find memory one with no luck for quite some time.

Comment

I bet many who scrapped these cars didn't even knew that the handle was different.
              This begs the question though, can't the regular 4window handle be modded to hold longer switch plate?
              s-l500.jpg
              Don't have picture of original part, this is image from handle with 4 electric windows, but by the looks of image you posted, I see that there is extra material that can be removed from bottom part. Sounds really sketchy but if done correctly wouldn't look too bad.
              Wish I had the original trim peace and handle image to compare it to.

Comment

I have the switch plate, will take a look.

Comment

Originally posted by mdz View Post
                  I have the switch plate, will take a look.
                  Any luck?

Comment

is this what you are looking for. It's from a US 1991 Audi 90 Quattro

Comment

Originally posted by RDs View Post

Any luck?
                      Sorry, I forget things very often.
                      This is plastic handle but same goes with foam version.

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X