Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exchange of experience setting m.2.3.2 for beginners.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prj
    replied
    Ideally someone would patch it and submit a push request to the repo...

The big turbo file is from a car where a LOT of stuff was done, such as adjustable launch control via potentiometer, re-using of AC input for octane selection and a lot of other stuff.
    I tried patching out as much as I could, but I probably missed bits here and there.

Leave a comment:

• vwnut8392
    replied
    Originally posted by jonn48 View Post

Thank you very much! I will try.
    find a program called fairdell hexcmp2, you can view 2 bin files at the same time and see the differences plus copy data from one to the other really easy with that program.

Leave a comment:

• jonn48
    replied
    Originally posted by Acki View Post
    You can use any hex-editor to copy the hex from the mentioned lines.
    Thank you very much! I will try.

Leave a comment:

• Acki
    replied
    You can use any hex-editor to copy the hex from the mentioned lines.

Leave a comment:

• jonn48
    replied
    Change the hex at this lines back to original code RS2 code and then you can adjust the "additional air" via stepper.
    You need to adjust air when ignition change isn't enough... ignition is faster than air stepper but sometimes not enough

83DF is setting the target rpm when AC is activated. (10 is the factor)

This is done in 4565, it's also removed.

code:00004565 code_4565: ; CODE XREF: code_44F1_IdleControl+6F↑j
    code:00004565 lcall code_FF9_tableAccess ; 9BA0 / 9BAA
    code:00004568 mov R5, A ; Move (Op1 <- Op2)
    code:00004569 jb RAM_20.4, code_4578 ; Jump if Bit is set
    code:0000456C jnb RAM_20.6, code_4578 ; Jump if Bit is clear
    code:0000456F mov A, #2 ; Move (Op1 <- Op2)
    code:00004571 movc A, @A+DPTR ; 83DF NSAC - min engine speed for AC
    code:00004572 cjne A, RAM_5, code_4575 ; Compare Operands and JNE
    code:00004575 code_4575: ; CODE XREF: code_44F1_IdleControl+81↑j
    code:00004575 jc code_4578 ; Jump if Carry is set
    code:00004577 mov R5, A ; Move (Op1 <- Op2)

/edit:
    Is also removed in fuelcutoff routine.
    1C6E mov C, RAM_20.6
    But this only affects the rpm change for fuel cut during AC on
    Thank ! But it is very difficult to understand without the necessary knowledge of programming.

Leave a comment:

• Acki
    replied
    For biiiiggg turbos - when ti load hits 255 it rolls over to 0 and scraps the engine.

Leave a comment:

• jonn48
    replied
    Guys, another question. What is the load decap patch for?

Leave a comment:

• Acki
    replied
    Change the hex at this lines back to original code RS2 code and then you can adjust the "additional air" via stepper.
    You need to adjust air when ignition change isn't enough... ignition is faster than air stepper but sometimes not enough

83DF is setting the target rpm when AC is activated. (10 is the factor)

This is done in 4565, it's also removed.

code:00004565 code_4565: ; CODE XREF: code_44F1_IdleControl+6F↑j
    code:00004565 lcall code_FF9_tableAccess ; 9BA0 / 9BAA
    code:00004568 mov R5, A ; Move (Op1 <- Op2)
    code:00004569 jb RAM_20.4, code_4578 ; Jump if Bit is set
    code:0000456C jnb RAM_20.6, code_4578 ; Jump if Bit is clear
    code:0000456F mov A, #2 ; Move (Op1 <- Op2)
    code:00004571 movc A, @A+DPTR ; 83DF NSAC - min engine speed for AC
    code:00004572 cjne A, RAM_5, code_4575 ; Compare Operands and JNE
    code:00004575 code_4575: ; CODE XREF: code_44F1_IdleControl+81↑j
    code:00004575 jc code_4578 ; Jump if Carry is set
    code:00004577 mov R5, A ; Move (Op1 <- Op2)

/edit:
    Is also removed in fuelcutoff routine.
    1C6E mov C, RAM_20.6
    But this only affects the rpm change for fuel cut during AC on
    Last edited by Acki; 11 December 2018, 13:17.

Leave a comment:

• jonn48
    replied
    Originally posted by prj View Post
    I don't remember killing the AC stepper map, but I could have, because AC input was used for something else.
    If that is so, it needs to be reverted.
    Dmitry, for this you need to change the code or is there a patch for the tuner pro?

Leave a comment:

• prj
    replied
    I don't remember killing the AC stepper map, but I could have, because AC input was used for something else.
    If that is so, it needs to be reverted.

Leave a comment:

• Acki
    replied
    Ok - I don't work with the prj mod. So what is your issue? Do you have a datalog?

I checked the prjmod, the additional air via idle stepper when AC on is removed.

code:00003F7E code_3F7E: ; CODE XREF: code_3EE9+86↑j
    code:00003F7E ; code_3EE9+91↑j
    code:00003F7E mov B, #0 ; B-Register
    code:00003F81 jb RAM_20.4, code_3F8E ; Jump if Bit is set
    code:00003F84 jnb RAM_20.6, code_3F8E ; Jump if Bit is clear
    code:00003F87 mov R2, #8 ; Move (Op1 <- Op2)
    code:00003F89 lcall code_FF9_tableAccess ; Table 9B43
    code:00003F8C mov B, A ; B-Register
    Last edited by Acki; 11 December 2018, 02:47.

Leave a comment:

• jonn48
    replied
    This map shows the derivation from the calculation of the mixture for Lambda 1.
    Higher than 128 means add fuel, lower means remove fuel.
    Of course you can translate the map into whatever you want. (I work with values from 0-255 without any changes)

With stock motronic lambda routine you only can run the engine lambda 1 until the lambda 1 "load limit" is reached. Above you can do what you want (most time you want a richer mixture, full load for exmaple).

Running leaner in part load won't work when lambda control is activated. It will always lift the mixture back to lambda 1.

You are sure you want to tune your engine - also with the risk of damaging the engine?
    As the prj code has no lambda correction value learing you should set your map back to 14.7 and then adjust your injector constant until you reach lambda 1. (lambda threshold set to 0 or something like 10 as load limit). With deactivated lambda (change the table for all rpm) you start driving and changing your fuel map until you reach lambda 1.
    Full load you set you target lambda - set first lambda then adjust boost, depends on your turbo etc.
    Ignition I would start touching when lambda and boost is fixed - would start with a soft ignition map, lower the values.

The idle maps are with selected gear or without (for automatic for example), the lift up for the AC is working different as far as I have seen it - and as you know from stock, it's not working perfect...

When setting up, I set the value of AFR 12 to the whole enrichment map, then adjusted the VE table to match the target and actual AFR. When I achieved this, I set the values ​​in the enrichment map that you see in the photo. Lambda threshold above 2000rpm set at low values, about 20. Now on the wideband AFR controller, I see a coincidence of values ​​with the target in the enrichment table.

Leave a comment:

• Acki
    replied
    This map shows the derivation from the calculation of the mixture for Lambda 1.
    Higher than 128 means add fuel, lower means remove fuel.
    Of course you can translate the map into whatever you want. (I work with values from 0-255 without any changes)

With stock motronic lambda routine you only can run the engine lambda 1 until the lambda 1 "load limit" is reached. Above you can do what you want (most time you want a richer mixture, full load for exmaple).

Running leaner in part load won't work when lambda control is activated. It will always lift the mixture back to lambda 1.

You are sure you want to tune your engine - also with the risk of damaging the engine?
    As the prj code has no lambda correction value learing you should set your map back to 14.7 and then adjust your injector constant until you reach lambda 1. (lambda threshold set to 0 or something like 10 as load limit). With deactivated lambda (change the table for all rpm) you start driving and changing your fuel map until you reach lambda 1.
    Full load you set you target lambda - set first lambda then adjust boost, depends on your turbo etc.
    Ignition I would start touching when lambda and boost is fixed - would start with a soft ignition map, lower the values.

The idle maps are with selected gear or without (for automatic for example), the lift up for the AC is working different as far as I have seen it - and as you know from stock, it's not working perfect...

Leave a comment:

• jonn48
    replied

Now the enrichment map looks like this
    I tried to do AFR 15.8 in low load mode to save fuel, but consumption is 10L / 100km at a constant speed of 110-120km / h
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Last edited by jonn48; 10 December 2018, 18:36.

Leave a comment:

• jonn48
    started a topic Exchange of experience setting m.2.3.2 for beginners.

Exchange of experience setting m.2.3.2 for beginners.

Dmitry PRJ opened new options for setting up motronic. Thanks so much for that! But not having much experience tuning engines, some questions arise.
    What is the optimal MBT for an AAN motor at low loads?
    How safe is it to lean a mixture at low loads for fuel efficiency?
    Are single knock events per cylinder acceptable?

There are still a few problems that could not be solved.
    The speed limit on the launch control does not work.
    Idle isv linearization AC on map does not work. The engine does not increase the idling speed when the air conditioner is turned on.
    Dmitry PRJ does not have enough time to help beginners, so I created this topic here to share experiences.
    Thanks in advance for responding!
Working...
X