Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sound system help

Hey again guys!

my full attention is now at the audio system on the S2 since i dont have any sound in my rear speakers. The original radio has been replaced long before i got the ownership of the car, so now theres an aftermarket pioneer installed. Behind the radio i found 3 connectors, where 2 of them can be connected to the radio. The left over is a red connector with 3 wires in it. According to the wiring diagram, these 3 wires should go to the "auto check system". My question is then, if i buy an adapter cable to put inbetween so i can connect the red connector aswell, will I then have sound in my rear speakers?

The car can be born with several sound systems, which is confusing 25 years later when you are trying to find out if it has passive speakers or active speakers

This one should help http://s2-audi.co.uk/workshop/schema..._j91/page2.png
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Any more info on this, struggling with the same thing - after market radio and rear speakers are not working

Comment

I fitted a blaupunkt Gamma and to my surprise found the red plug lead to station information appearing in the autocheck. The other thing which surprised me was the radio is only 2 channel. Small 2 channel amp was added in the dash and now powers the rear speakers. There is no front to rear fade facility so I had to adjust gain on the amp so it was about right.

Comment

Is there anything else I can do to get my existing vdo stereo working

Comment

Working...
            X