Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bilstein shocks, where to get them???

Hi all,

Does anyone know where you can get the Bilstein shocks from??
    I'm considering a set for my avant along with some H&R's as it looks more like I'm going to go for a more track focused set up than originally planned (nice and hard!!)
    Problem is I can't find any for sale. The Bilstein website doesn't seem to list them (possibly discontinued?)
    If Koni's are the only way to go now, then I will go with them and the H&R's but aside from being a bit stiffer I've also not read of any problems fitting the Billie's, but there are a few posts about problems with spacers and stuff with the Koni's and I don't really want to get into the hastle of all that.

Thanks for any help !!!

Rich
    1995 S2 Avant
    Homefries,
    RS2 intercooler,
    996 monoblocks,
    Koni adjustable shocks,
    H&R springs,
    18" RS6 reps in anthracite.
    150K and running great

Could try asking Corey, he seems to know a bit seeing his coil over post, other than that i dont know personally other than searching tuneing sites, sure someone else may have a better idea though..
    Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

Not sure where you would source them from but the part numbers are as follows:

Front PE3-3086

Rear BE3-6212

You won't find them under Avant on the Bilstein site as they dont list them. You have to use S2 Coupe front dampers and B5 S4 rear dampers. There is a thread by MaRS2 here which details the fitment. The B5 S4 rear dampers make the car sit slightly higher at the rear due to the spring plate position. The thread details how to change this but I didn't do this as it is purely cosmetic.

Ben
      the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
      1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

I know that Jamsport in Northampton are a Bilstein dealer, as I got them from there for my last car.
        Give Mark a call on 01604 755529 and say Martyn gave you the number
        If they are still available, they will be able to get them (and fit too if needed)

Comment

Yeah I've already spoken to Corey about going the Koni route and getting him to fit them etc cause I'm looking for an exhaust and some Porsche brakes at the same time really (didn't ask about Bilsteins though I must admit).

But I'm impatient and I want things done yesterday on the car LOL!! So I'm looking at saving myself the labour costs and doing it myself. (just weighing up the pro's and con's at the moment really)

Plus I have to appreciate that Corey is busy because he's one of the best out there.
          So it's a bit of a toss up between waiting for Corey and going with my original plans and paying for someone else to do all the work and also losing my car for roughly 2 weeks while it's all done (mainly the exhaust fabrication though and fitting me in with everyone else)
          Or buying a Miltek system, Bilstiens, brakes from ebay etc and doing it all myself and saving on the labour costs and stuff.

Just want to make sure I've looked at all the options really before I start shelling out boat loads of cash

Just wondered about the Bilsteins and where to get them really as they seem to come highly recommended yet nowhere seems to sell them.

I've got time anyway I'm just too eager to get it all finished so I can get out there and enjoy a well sorted S2!!!!
          1995 S2 Avant
          Homefries,
          RS2 intercooler,
          996 monoblocks,
          Koni adjustable shocks,
          H&R springs,
          150K and running great

Comment

Cheers guys!!

@ S2avant those will be very helpful I'm sure

@ dest thanks also I'll give them a ring later and see what they've got to say

Rich
            1995 S2 Avant
            Homefries,
            RS2 intercooler,
            996 monoblocks,
            Koni adjustable shocks,
            H&R springs,
            150K and running great

Comment

JamSport are also Milltek dealers
              i got them to order me just a rear silencer (most places tell you its not possible!) and they then built me a custom centre section to remove the rear box

Comment

I have a set of 2x PE3-3086 and BE3-2622 sitting around here.That was on a car for 2 hours...

Comment

motorsportworld.co.uk do them
                  sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Euro car parts are the nominated UK Bilstein reseller. I also have download previously and can dig out a complete fitment catalogue for Bilstein

Comment

Originally posted by Markarina View Post
                      Euro car parts are the nominated UK Bilstein reseller. I also have download previously and can dig out a complete fitment catalogue for Bilstein
                      Was just gonna say that, give Euro a call
                      1992 Audi 100 2.8 Quattro
                      1993 Audi Cab 2.3
                      1995 Audi URS6 Avant
                      1999 Audi S8 D2 FL
                      2005 Skoda Octavia Elegance Variant TDi
                      2012 VW CC BlueMotion Tech DSG

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
                        They always seem to be the cheapest place online for Billies. Certainly when I have ever bought them I've always used those guys.
                        1990 Peugeot 205 1.9 Turbo 192bhp - 190lbs/ft
                        1996 Vauxhall Omega 3.0V6 Ex-Plod - cop motor, cop shocks, cop brakes, cop LSD. Cheap, tatty and comically sideways!

Comment

Originally posted by Markarina View Post
                          Actually they are the nominated importer, most companies get their Billies from ECP
                          Last edited by Jamo; 19 October 2007, 18:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                            Actually they are the nominated importer, most companies get their Billies for ECP

Jamo, You mean FROM ECP right?
                            I ordered from motorsportworld and they had ecp part number stickers on them

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
                              Bought them from MSW, the fronts for the coupe that is - cost £220 delivered inc. VAT if i remember correctly at the time, but that was a little bit below their list.

Cheers
                              Ross
                              AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

Working...
                              X