X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The place to buy H&R Suspension Springs / Coilovers

Should have my H&R Coupe Springs arriving soon from

www.Dcdezign.co.uk

The don’t list them on the website but Dan at DC was able to source them direct from H&R germany. At £283 inc VAT. Which is a lot cheaper than QRS and 4 other companies all wanted @ ~£355.

They assured me that they will be the cup setup of 29939VA fronts and 29939HA rears (which was the setup I wanted as I intend to buy a Whiteline RARB) I want the ride height to be sorted initially.

They can supply the Coupe Cup kit at £625
    M55
    http://www.dcdezign.com/details.php?item=29939-2
    M50
    http://www.dcdezign.com/details.php?item=29939-1

The also supply the correct coilovers for the s2/20v coupe PNo: 29503-2 at £750 which is pretty damn good also.
    http://www.dcdezign.com/details.php?item=29503-2
    And Avant
    http://www.dcdezign.com/details.php?item=29491-2

S2 Avant springs come up on the site at £165
    http://www.dcdezign.com/details.php?item=29909

RS2 Springs at £340
    http://www.dcdezign.com/details.php?item=29969

These guys have been really helpful I bought my Coupe Quattro Koni adjustable kit from them for about £390 about 2 years ago and were spot on.

Find any price cheaper and they’ll match it!

Only thing to not is that you are best off giving them a call and leaving a message AND emailing them. They usually get back to you that day. Then they will call from a non 0870 number and you can call them all you like to pester about the order

I will update this thread when I receive my springs just to let you know how I got on with them.

I have no affiliation with dcdezign, I just know how difficult it is to get hold of H&R products for a half decent price for our cars, and ive had really decent dealings with them. And thought I’d share my experience and save you guys some bother.

James
    Black B3 1990 CQ 2.3E converted to ABY & 6spd. (301bhp) - Now Sold
    03 Dolphin B6 S4 Avant LPG - New Daily Wagon
    01 Silver D2 A8 3.7 quattro sport - SOLD

"Difficult is worth doing"

Thanks for that, always nice to read that there are companies which genuinely want to be competitive on price and have service to match
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Usefull to know
      Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

Nice find, i still cant believe there wasnt much interest in those AST's i was getting built mind, would have been about half that price still.

why they still so expensive for a bit of coiled up metal i'll never know..

Comment

I know i cant beleive it either mate.
          I was well up for those AST springs.
          Its your car that made me decide to just bite the bullet though. Yours sits really nice on those H&Rs as does s2driveruk's coupe.

Yeah those AST springs would have been about £150, wouldnt they? Oh well!

Comment

Nice work James and thanks for sharing that with us, I think I'll be going for 2 pairs of Avant fronts as I'm pikey. A set of blue mounts at the rear and a 26mm rear ARB should solve any understeer

Another place to try is Pete at quattrocorner.
            Cheers'en, AndyC
            1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Originally posted by DarrenM View Post
              Nice find, i still cant believe there wasnt much interest in those AST's i was getting built mind, would have been about half that price still.

why they still so expensive for a bit of coiled up metal i'll never know..
              They're expensive because they can be...
              Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

I tried quattro corner they were more expensive than DCdezign and they would have been 4xVA's

Your quite right Andy they are simply expensive because they can be. Theyre the only people making springs for the S2 coupe. and Special order at that! SO they can charge what they want and know people will still pay it.

Im going to see what the setup is like. might migrate to some H&R coilovers in a couple of years when funds allow. See how these springs and my Yellow Koni's feel first. I have a 25mm CQ ARB so could chuck that on the back if i find the handling is aweful. If that is too much then a WHiteline RARB is the other option.

Comment

Catch 22 with H&R springs 29939VA fronts and 29939HA rears looks so much better but the VA allround handle better according the H&R R&D department.

Comment

Yeah i thought about that and weighed up the pro's and cons, and at the end of the day, if i get the ridehieght and ride quality sorted first using the HA/VA and setting up the koni's then i can tweak the handling and turn in by experimenting with the RARB. Andy has done a fair bit of work with OEM FARBS on the rear and the WHiteline adjustable jobby is available so hopefully this will suit me.

I did toy with having 4x VA's but the rideheight not being spot on would bug the $h1t3out of me! H&R are suspension geniuses so im sure if they say it works better, then it does. Espec when they test alot of their products on the 'ring!! So i definately know what you mean!

Comment

25mm arb on the back will be fine
                      Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Not quite true, there's also Cobra springs (Dutch I think) http://http://www.dcdezign.com/produ...e-quattro.html

Budget dictates 2x avant VAs for me
                        Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

These guys appear cheaper?

europerformance.co.uk

Not used them myself.
                          Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

For most items dcdezign is cheaper than euro performance. Besides Dcdezign will beat any price.

Andy C. Ive weighed up some stuff and done a few little calculations and decided that im going to change the struts left to right on the rear when i fit the springs and bung on the CQ 25mm FARB. See how i get on with it I have one lying around from the engine swap, so would be rude not to. (fitted the 26mm s2 on the front)

Comment

Damn it, i didnt spot those cobra lowering springs they might have been worth a punt?? LOADS cheaper than H&R!!
                              Never mind, H&R's on the way now. The H&R's would undoubtedly be better.

Comment

Working...
                              X