Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At that price for the Cobra's, im tempted to give them a try, only lower by 20mm though from what i read for the S2......
    Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

Originally posted by re2500 View Post
      For most items dcdezign is cheaper than euro performance. Besides Dcdezign will beat any price.

Andy C. Ive weighed up some stuff and done a few little calculations and decided that im going to change the struts left to right on the rear when i fit the springs and bung on the CQ 25mm FARB. See how i get on with it I have one lying around from the engine swap, so would be rude not to. (fitted the 26mm s2 on the front)
      That's the badger, you'll be rather suprised by the results Do a back to back test if you want to be really shocked. It's about 45 mins work to swap struts (last time I did it). DOn't forget that the strut to hub bolts are stretch bolts and need to be replaced, as do the nylocks. 110Nm + 90deg for the S2 14mm, not sure on the 12mm ones but get it right or they'kk come lose at the 'ring like mine did...

Just bought a Polo GT, pick it up tomorrow. 75bhp, 800Kg, beast
      Cheers'en, AndyC
      1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

The Coupe H&R's arrived today.
        Spot on!!!

Will post pics fitted soon
        Black B3 1990 CQ 2.3E converted to ABY & 6spd. (301bhp) - Now Sold
        03 Dolphin B6 S4 Avant LPG - New Daily Wagon
        01 Silver D2 A8 3.7 quattro sport - SOLD

"Difficult is worth doing"

Comment

Needed a set of these so i sent an e-mail and got an instant reply from Dan. Its great to talk to somebody who knows exactly what you want. Price hasnt changed much as he quoted £289. Thanks for this thread James
          91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
          93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
          94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Just been looking into ideas for the 80Q Sedan (8C/B4)... I thought it would have called up same springs as B4 Avant but now - its 29867VA and 29867HA for a whopping 40mm drop - might be too much for B-roads here, but it would improve the dynamics of the old girl... Will have to refresh the running gear at some point so may as well inject some fun.

Thinking about matching these to factory S2 Sedan dampers - but then there is Bilsten and Koni options for 8C/B4 as well - mostly Avant applications but that shouldn't matter.
            Paul Nugent
            Webmaster http://S2central.net
            Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
            2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
            2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
              That's the badger
              best saying ever
              Chef

Comment

hello,

could you please help me to find what does mean : Top Thread Front Axle ?
                I know we have to check this on car before ordering but I don't see what part I have to check on my car

best regards,
                91' S2 3B Pearl White

Comment

Hi
                  Just receive H&R cup KIT 55mm X 1.5mm
                  In fact it is bilstein B8 with H&R springs

One thing I need to know

Bolt is 55mm diametre, but Bilstein are only 45mm
                  Is there someting wrong or is it the good size to put inside 55mm bolts ?
                  91' S2 3B Pearl White

Comment

My suspension is OK, but a little tired so I'm looking at replacement options, either going stock again or maybe uprated.

What would you suggest the best combination is for an everyday set up for my RS2? Any pointers much appreciated!
                    Racing's important to men who do it well. When your racing its life. Anything that comes before or after is just waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by RS2_freak View Post
                      What would you suggest the best combination is for an everyday set up for my RS2? Any pointers much appreciated!
                      I've checked all my application lists and KW are the only manufacturer that I have who can supply a kit for an RS2.

KW V1 Inox line coilover kit is the first option, however I will keep digging...

See thread: http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53493
                      Last edited by Yaz; 3 May 2012, 19:32.
                      1992 Audi 100 2.8 Quattro
                      1993 Audi Cab 2.3
                      1995 Audi URS6 Avant
                      1999 Audi S8 D2 FL
                      2005 Skoda Octavia Elegance Variant TDi
                      2012 VW CC BlueMotion Tech DSG

Comment

Working...
                      X