• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newsh
    replied
    Originally posted by Lago Blue View Post
    Hi Newsh,

A couple of questions please sir, a) Was the subject fault the T (or perhaps Y-shaped?) -fitting itself that joins the hoses and was it repairable or was it replaced? b) I don't suppose you'd (or the mods and admin folk?) be able to restore the original photo from way back then would you?
    Hi mate
    It was the brass T piece that was poorly cast. The two parts of the mould were not properly aligned when the metal was poured in so there was an offset and a large witness.
    Even clamped tight the hoses wouldn’t seal, it would have been even worse on the pressure side!
    I dressed the part with a file to get the arms of the T round enough to seal and I’ve had no leaks since.
    I’m not at home at the mo but when I am I will see if the pics of the part are on my old laptop. The PhotoPhuket account is gone.

Leave a comment:

• Lago Blue
    replied
    Hi Newsh,

A couple of questions please sir, a) Was the subject fault the T (or perhaps Y-shaped?) -fitting itself that joins the hoses and was it repairable or was it replaced? b) I don't suppose you'd (or the mods and admin folk?) be able to restore the original photo from way back then would you?

Leave a comment:

• Vorsprung durch Technik
    replied
    Originally posted by newsh View Post
    2014, seems like only yesterday
    Yep, frightening how fast time flies.

Leave a comment:

• newsh
    replied
    2014, seems like only yesterday

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    A decent agricultural engineer will make custom hose sections for you if you take the old bits to them. Common job on a tractor these days.

Leave a comment:

• s2driveruk
    replied
    just to note that the high pressure hose is now showing on Audi Tradition for (drum roll if you please......) €342.74

They appear to as rare as rocking horse sh*t to be honest, so don't appear to be any places to get a new one from.

**Thread resurrection complete**

Leave a comment:

• State'd RS2 Coupe
    replied
    Wow, nice catch. I recently overhauled the entire system (Pump, bomb, o-rings, banjo's w/ screens, fluid) and cross fingers all dry so far. High pressure line and T were both showing some leakage. Replaced O-clamps on T.

My HP hose had some rubbing wear up at the radiator. HP hose is of course NLA, but available from Audi Tradition for like 230 Eur

I cut off the gooey loose outer hose and re-wrapped the line with some industrial neoprene hydraulic wrap. Pretty easy to do and so far has done the trick.

Leave a comment:

• macspring
    replied
    Thanks for sharing with photos.

Nice one.

Leave a comment:

• darkhorse1210
    replied
    Interesting, I've had a warning light come ona few times for that problem and have just topped up each time.

Thanks for sharing

Leave a comment:

• newsh
    started a topic Power Steering Fluid Leak Fixed!

Power Steering Fluid Leak Fixed!

Well I'm hoping I've finally got to the bottom of the fluid leak that has plagued me pretty much ever since I've had the car!

There has always been some seepage around the T piece where the return from the bomb joins the return line from the rack. I always thought this was because the pipes were old and porous and figured I'd fix it by having new pipes made up.

Well new pipes were finally made a couple of months back with high quality hose and to my horror the problem actually got worse. It got to the point I've been geting through a litre of G00 4000 every week or two
    Last edited by newsh; 20 June 2018, 21:29.
Working...
X