Who has a worn out 6 speed linkage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has a worn out 6 speed linkage?

I am looking for a volunteer to test a 6 speed linkage repair I have come up with.
    This will replace the old worn out ball joint with a user serviceable and replaceable part as well as replacing the NLA boot - if anyone wants a free repair in exchange for testing & feedback, please PM me

Alex
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

I would love to, but the car is off the road and hibernating under a cover. I feel so ashamed
    91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
    93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
    94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Yer I’m also ashamed. Mine is hibernating too, but under a layer of dust.

Thanks for the offers, I now have a local victim who I will work with on this project
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Good news that You guys are trying to keep the dreams alive making new parts.

I am just pulling my engine out for sintered clutch and bottom end bearing check so If You have some kits ready I could try also. Orginal link bushes have seen 260tkm allready.

Mika,
        S2 Avant SleeperWagon 570hv and 765nm on 2,2bar/E85

Comment

Well done Alex
          keep your good work going .

Comment

If you may have a spare kit available I would be willing to buy and test it, I should have my car back on the road by January as we will begin assembly after spray soon. One of my issues is the interior ball and cup which failed a second time, I have a replacement handy and ready to go for that.

The bottom linkage cup I replaced with an 034 bearing some years ago which isn't bad but not great either honestly. If you've come up with a proper solution I would be ready to fork out the cash for it to solve my gear linkage woes
            1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

I have to look in my stash of parts. I may have one as well. Let me know if still need one

Comment

I have a new rubber boot available - but I guess your solution will not use the OEM boot...
                Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
                S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
                '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Hi Alex is this the full upgrade including shifter rods?

Comment

Sounds interesting mine is knackered!

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                      I am looking for a volunteer to test a 6 speed linkage repair I have come up with.
                      This will replace the old worn out ball joint with a user serviceable and replaceable part as well as replacing the NLA boot - if anyone wants a free repair in exchange for testing & feedback, please PM me

Alex
                      Hi mate,

Did you finish the solution?

I keep seeing posts on the Forum Facebook page asking about 6 spd linkage - I know you were putting together a bolt on kit (to replace the crappy and non-user seeviceable pieces) using the later style linkage...

Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
                      S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
                      '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Hi chris I have this upgraded linkage kit from Alex not fitted it yet as my gearbox is getting full rebuild and costing £££ but the quality of his products is very good as expected from Alex

Comment

Cheers Michael.
                          Yes I have a complete replacement linkage option, currently sold out but more in productuon and should be available later in January. Original 6 speed linkage repair is under development.
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Alex, I am waiting for you to finish the 6 speed linkage repair kit. You keep making these never available repair parts and I will keep buying them.

Do you have pictures of your replacement option? It is for information purposes and something I can pass on to someone who needs it.

Greg W.
                            They can have my car when they pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel.

Comment

any news on this??

Comment

Working...
                              X